Followers

There was only a couple of days until your graduation, and it was like all chaos broke through. Invitations, banners, chairs, the cap and gowns, the podium, the stage, all of it had to be done at a certain time for everything to work. Since you were on the graduation committee, you were especially busy. 

You and Lily were working on invitations and the chairs today, since Abbigail took over the caps and gowns.

"Ugh, I can't believe she took that job from us." Lily said.

"I know. It's ridiculous. But, we can't really do anything about it now."

"True."

"And I mean, this job isn't too bad." you said.

"Okay, you have a point. We get to decorate more."

"Yes." you said laughing. Matt came over to help too.

"Matt, what are you doing over here? Aren't you helping Abbigail?" Lily asked.

"I was. But then she told me to come over here, so here I am." he said shrugging.

"Okay. I mean we could use the help. Just put the name tags on the chairs based on where they are."

"Alright." he picked them up and started going through them.

"Oh, can you hand me Tom's?"

They stopped and looked at you. "WHAT?"

"What?" you repeated.

"IS TOM COMING TO YOUR GRADUATION?"

You laughed. "No. But he told me to save one that way people know he could have been here and he also said that he'd be here in a 'presence'." 

"Y/N, he's coming."

"No, he can't," you said looking down. "He's starts shooting a new movie, so there's no way he's coming. He told me himself."

"Oh, I'm sorry. But I think he will." Lily said laughing.

"Okay, sure." you said also laughing. "Come on, let's just finish these. I don't want Abbigail to come and say how it isn't good enough, or they don't look right."

They nodded and you guys continued to work on them. It was a good hour when you were done with all of the seats. You guys headed towards your lockers.

"So, what makes them so good?" Lily asked you. You were telling her about the croissants you and Tom had at the little cafe he took you to.

"I don't know! But Tom was right, they have the best quacksons, hands down."

"Well, next time we're there, I've gotta have them." 

"You do. You're really missing out."

"Ooh I can't wait to try the quacksons." she said waving her hands.

You laughed. You opened your locker to put your books away, but when you closed it, someone was standing on the other side. You jumped and hit your head on the back of Lily's locker.

"Ouch," you said holding your head.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?" the person said.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks-" you looked up. It was Jake.

"You sure?" he asked chuckling.

"Y-yeah. I'll be ok. Just another thing that happens regularly in my life." you laughed. He did too.

"So, I heard you're on graduation committee?" 

"I am."

"Then you know who is going on the stage in order."