Chapter Four

It was a beautiful Wednesday morning and the birds were happily chirping outside, making beautiful melodies in the air, whistling around happy tunes whilst everyone began the morning rush hour to school and work. It was very rare that Luna and Lottie would walk to school together, they would normally just meet inside the building, but today they had both met at the shops and decided to walk together.

"So, how's life?" Lottie asked? Luna hated but also loved her best friend for questions like these. It made it so much easier to talk about her family life without feeling like her friend wasn't listening or just simply didn't care.

"It was quiet last night. My mum stayed home, I honestly think that she has been out partying too much that she just couldn't do it last night. But it's safe to say that she didn't really care about me." Luna ended the sentence with a slight giggle at the end. Luna did find it quite hilarious how her and her mum both seemed to live in the same house but never really talked anymore. It was honestly quite ridiculous.

"How's your life going?" Luna asked.

"You know, the normal, going to school, going home, stressing about school, cry while I stress about school. Just the regular." Lottie laughed. Luna loved her friend for this. Even in Luna's darkest moments Lottie was the one person who could make her laugh and forget everything. Lottie never bragged and never over-dramatized anything, even if there was something exciting happening in her life, she would never let Luna know, unless it was something extremely important. Both girls then continued their trek to school laughing and talking as they went.

In school, Luna had noticed that sat on a table on his own was Jacob. He looked very pale and very tired, and his eyes were all bloodshot as if he had been crying. Luna quickly tapped Lottie's arm and gestured over to Jacob. Lottie looked at Luna and knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. Luna sighed.

"I'm gonna go over and see if he is alright." Lottie sighed. She often felt that Luna cared way more about other people than herself. Which was true. Luna loved helping other people because it gave her something else to occupy her brain with instead of the hell that she was living in. Which, wasn't always good. This could make her even more stressed and worried because she now had to deal with someone else's problem.

"Hi, Jacob." Luna said standing next to him and also next to the seat next to him, just in case she wanted to sit down to make things less awkward. Jacob just grunted, looking in the opposite direction to which Luna was standing. Luna pressed her lips together in a harsh line. She sat down next to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" Luna asked placing her hand on his shoulder making him jolt suddenly. Jacob nodded. Luna could tell something was wrong.

"Hey guys." Cameron said waltzing over to Jacob and Luna. Luna turned around to see Cameron standing behind her.

"Hi." Luna responded, even though Jacob and Cameron were best friends, she didn't want to let Cameron know that she thought Jacob had something on his mind just in case he didn't want to share what he was thinking with anyone. Suddenly, the loud, piercing school bell rattled throughout the school walls, immediately, everyone started clambering up the stairs and shuffling across the school halls as they all made their way to class. Jacob hurriedly picked up his bag and headed left down the corridor. Luna turned around to look at Cameron.

"Is he okay?" Luna asked concerned, although she wasn't quite sure if Cameron would tell her someone else's problems. Cameron shrugged before turning right and disappearing down the corridor. Luna knitted her eyebrows together, what a strange day this was already turning out to be. Luna followed suit and left the table quickly, heading to her psychology lesson.