Chapter Eleven

Hurriedly, Luna ran down the stairs and opened the door. As she opened the door she saw Cameron standing there with a massive smile on his face, Luna stepped back to allow Cameron to come in.

"Why are you grinning like a Cheshire cat?" Luna asked whilst she giggled. Cameron just rolled his eyes behind Luna's back as she began walking into the lounge. Where Cameron quickly followed her.

"I'm not grinning like a Cheshire cat. I am simply smiling." Luna just rolled her eyes and shoved Cameron slightly. Even though it was the slightest nudge Cameron wobbled and feel over. He still felt really weak but he didn't want to show it in front of Luna. He wanted Luna to think that he was fine and not dying day by day. Cameron collapsed in a heap on the floor by her dining table.

"Oh my god!" Luna exclaimed quickly rushing over to his side and crouching down next to him. Gently, she placed her hand on his back. With quick thinking, she then checked his neck for his pulse. His pulse was beating but he was completely still.

"No, no, Cameron, please don't be unconscious, please wake up. Please!" Luna started to cry, tears began rolling down her face. She didn't know if this was the end. She had already done this with Lottie. Maybe her whole family was abusive and capable of killing someone just by giving them a little push? Cameron could hear the distress in Luna's voice and decided to make a little grunting noise. Luna looked confused and looked at Cameron face to see that he was smiling. Luna lightly hit Cameron on the arm.

"Don't do that you fool, you scared the living day lights out of me." Luna said starting to see the funny side of it whilst wiping away the tears from her eyes. She then stood up and held out a hand for Cameron. Cameron gladly accepted the hand.

"I'm sorry for that." Cameron apologised looking down slightly at Luna. Luna rolled her eyes.

"It's fine." Cameron sighed, he wanted to tell Luna that he didn't fall on purpose, he was just really weak right now, but he didn't want to tell her because he knew that she would worry a lot about it. With a short conversation in his head he decided to tell her.

"Erm, Luna?" Cameron questioned, Luna then turned around from sorting the table out to see that Cameron was sat on the sofa looking at her. Luna put the last place mat on top of the others and cautiously walked over to Cameron in case he was going to pull another impractical joke on her. Once Luna had approached the sofa, Cameron gestured for her to sit down next to him. Luna sat down and moved herself so that she could look Cameron in the eye because whatever he was about to say looked as if it was going to be important.

"Luna, when you pushed me..." He was cut short on his sentence by Luna interrupting.

"I technically gave you a tiny nudge." Luna said trying to brighten up the mood. When Luna looked back and Cameron's face she saw that he had no facial expression but also looked slightly annoyed at the same time. Luna looked taken back and used her hand to show that Cameron should continue.

"I went to the doctors today and had an injection to make me live for a month longer, due to my cancer. I have also felt really weak all day. So, when you shoved me slightly, I did genuinely fall over." Cameron then looked down into his lap and then back at Luna who looked shocked, she didn't not expect that. In a swift movement, Luna, had wrapped her arms around Cameron and was hugging him tightly. Cameron was taken back by this sudden movement but sunk into the hug and tried to enjoy the little time that Luna was hugging him for.

"I am so sorry Cameron. I didn't realise. I feel so bad now." Luna said, sounding as if she was trying to beg for Cameron's forgiveness. Cameron shock his head.

"Please don't feel bad Luna. You didn't know. I just thought that I should tell you because I hate keeping things from you and I want you to feel that you can tell me anything." Cameron was rambling by now and Luna had caught on to this.