Chapter Nineteen

"Shit!" Luna cursed as she felt her head fall back against the head rest, shaking and her breath jagged, she grabbed her phone and cautiously stepped out of the car onto the central reservation, she looked over at the other car and saw a teenage boy sitting in the driver seat, face covered in blood and leaning on the steering wheel. She winced, to try and get a closer look to see if he was still there. Her eyes wet with tears she walked over to the other car, as she did she looked behind her to see their cars smashed together, almost in each other. Luna continued walking and bent down slightly to look into the car, her heart jumped when she was that it was Cameron lying their unconsciously. She knocked on the window but there was nothing. Luna tried to pull the door but it was jammed. Panicking, Luna dialled 999.

"Hello, this is the emergency service department, what are you in assistance of?" A friendly sounding woman said through the phone.

"Hello..." Luna said, her voice shaking and her mind going fuzzy, almost causing her to forget what service she needed.

"I need police and an ambulance please." Luna stated down the phone back to the woman.

"Okay, what is your need of them?" The woman asked. Luna was getting fed up of all these questions, she just need the ambulance and police to arrive as soon as possible.

"I've been involved in a car crash, I'm on Southeast Eclipse Road, next to Asda. Luna described to the woman.

"Okay, the police and ambulance are on their way now, can you please tell me who many of you are involved in the car crash?" The woman asked, Luna could tell that she was just trying to distract her from what has happened.

"It's me and my boyfriend, we were in separate cars, it's all my fault, I crashed into him." Luna said, suddenly realising that she had called Cameron her boyfriend and feeling her cheeks burning up. Suddenly, Luna saw the ambulance appear from the left.

"The ambulance is here now." Luna let the woman over the phone know.

"Okay, I'll leave you in their hands." Luna then hung up her phone and walked towards the two men in high visibility suits.

"Hello there, I am Mark and this is Jonathan. Mark said gesturing to the dark-haired guy standing next to him. Jonathan went over to Cameron's car and began investigating the situation and tried to open the door to Cameron's car. Suddenly Luna heard Jonathan shout from behind her.

"We're going to need back-up, door has to be cut off." Luna then broke down in tears. Mark rested his hand on Luna's right shoulder whilst he spoke into his walky-talky.

"Is he going to be okay?" Luna questioned, looking up at Mark. Luna could see on Mark's face that it wasn't a definite answer. Luna's lips turned into a straight line and she nodded her head, trying to understand the situation.

"Is there anyone you would like me to phone for you? Maybe your mum, or dad, sibling, friend?" Mark suggested, seeing that Luna could need some support. Luna shook her head at all of these options.

"My mum is out somewhere; my dad doesn't have contact with me anymore and is abusive and an alcoholic and my only friend is trapped in that car." Luna said turning around and pointing at the car. Mark just looked at Luna, a sad expression on his face and simply nodded. Within a matter of time the police finally arrived and a man and a woman both stepped out of the car.

"Hello, we are officer Will and Juliet." Will said as he walked over to Luna and Mark.
"Can we talk to you for a little bit?" Will asked Luna. Luna looked around, she looked at Will, then the car, then Mark and then back to Will.