Chapter Seventeen

"I can't take it anymore!" Shouted Luna running her hands through her already knotty brown hair, she was pacing back and forth in her living room whilst Cameron sat on the sofa not being too sure how to help.

"I've lost everyone, I'm losing everything, I don't want to be like this any longer, I don't want to do this any longer." Luna's voice wavered at the end as tears started to trickle down her cheeks. Soon, Luna had resorted to sitting on the floor by the coffee table in front of Cameron. Seeing Luna this distressed, Cameron sat on the floor next to her and put his arm around her waist, pulling her into a hug.

"Talk to me Luna, please, what can't you take anymore?" Luna looked up at Cameron.

"This, life, everything, everyone. I'm losing myself whilst I'm losing everyone around me. I tried to be strong, but I'm not doing very well, am I?" Luna cried, laughing slightly at the end of her sentence, trying to keep her sarcastic sense of humour in the situation, hoping it would make it less serious and tense. Without saying a word, Cameron pulled Luna closer to him and rested his head on the top of hers.

"You've still got me Luna, you know I care about you and would do anything for you, right?" Luna silently nodded, keeping her eyes on her hands that were resting in her lap.

"So, what's wrong, please explain everything to me, please?" Cameron begged. Luna sighed.

"It's just I've lost two of my best friends, one of which I have known for years and she was like a sister to me. I don't know how I'm going to deal when you go as well." Luna admitted.

"Well, instead of dwelling on the inevitable, why don't we go and do something?" Cameron suggested, hoping it would get Luna's mind off the horrible thoughts she was currently experiencing. Cameron watched as Luna nodded her head and removed herself from his grip and stood up, walking into the hallway to pick up her black trainers and then walking back into the lounge to help Cameron up, seeing as he had become so weak, he could no longer get off the floor by himself. Cameron thanked Luna once she had helped him up.

About half an hour later, they found themselves at Harborview gardens. Luna and Cameron walked under the arch made out of trees and walked into the park, surprisingly it was mostly empty, they found a secluded bench in the corner of the park and made their way over to it. Luna went around one side of the bench and Cameron went around the other and they both sat down. Luna looked at Cameron and noticed that he was looking around the park, obviously taking in the scenery in his last couple of weeks or days outside - if he ended up in hospital. Luna also glanced around, taking in the scenery, there was going to be no way she would ever be able to go back to this park once Cameron went, there were too many memories with her friends here. Luna noticed the light blue sky with a few little fluffy clouds and the sun glistening behind a tree, creating patterns on the dark green grass. The pink cherry blossoms falling from the trees and scattering themselves around like little butterflies. Luna found herself smiling at Cameron, but even though she was smiling, inside she was dying, she was worried.

"What?" Cameron asked with a little chuckle, tilting his head slightly and resting his head on his hand whilst looking into Luna's chestnut brown eyes. This broke Luna out of her daydream.

"Oh, nothing, I was just remembering all of our memories." Luna replied, her eyes diverting to look at the table. Suddenly, she felt Cameron's hand touch her forearm. Luna looked at him directly in his eye.

"Look, I know that you are worried, trust me, so am I, but let's just live in the moment, whilst we are both still here together, please?" Cameron asked, feeling pain in his stomach, realising that what he had just said was also the reality of what was going to come.