Chapter 6

Ruth's POV

I woke up to the ringing of my cell phone, it was candy calling and I knew she wanted to ask about yesterday.

"Hello" I greeted with my sleepy voice and yawned.

"Sleepy babe, haven't you woken up" she asked me and I knew she was in her office due to the sound of the background printer.

I checked the time and it was nine o'clock.

My head was still banging from too much crying because of the crazy drama that took place yesterday at Dennis International company.

"I have woken up dear" I replied.

"Mrs Grunt told me about what happened yesterday, do you have any connections with Mr Dennis before?" she asked.

"Candy you can't understand" I reassured her.

You should know me now that I am a kind of person that doesn't like opening up to people even my own family. To me, it like a burden so I prefer to keep it in and suck the pain alone.

"I will understand if only you open up to me, we've been friends for five good years and yet you treat me like I don't have any right to know what going on" she persisted.

"Candy you know me way more than this, I only offended him and he decided to tackle me in every aspect. He is also the main reason why I was fired In my former company"

"Oh my GOD!!" She exclaimed.

"You can say that again"

"That man is a walking beast, I wonder why he have to be that sexy"

"Candy"

"Of course he is. Well I saw an open vacancy at an eatary can you apply?" She asked and only God knows how she gets to know about different vacancies.

"Are you asking me that? C'mon you know I need money and I can go into it for the meantime as far as I can get some cash for now"

"Alright dear, I will send you the address now"

"What would I have done without you"

"What are friends for. I'll call you later babe" she said and hung up.

I stood up from my bad lazily and yawned before saying my morning prayer and going to take my bath.

I slipped into my comfortable black gown with my red blazers and I checked my phone and yes Candy already texted me the address and the name of the manager. I grabbed my usual black bag, my phone and my file containing my C.V.

Crystal eatery was a few blocks from my neighborhood involving just fifteen minutes walk or five minutes ride from my house so I decided to walk all the way to the eatery.

The eatery was very busy and the smell of coffee and different delicacies filled the air and I could not help but salivate.

"Welcome to crystal eatery, please do take your seat while we take your order" a waiter greeted me politely at the doorway.

"Umm am seeking for Mr Justin the manager of this eatery" I told him with a smile.

"There he is" he said pointing to a robust tall man talking to a young lady probably a waitress standing in front of a door which I presumed was his office.

"Thank you very much" I said and headed towards the manager.

"Good morning Mr Justin" I greeted him and he diverted his attention to me. I had to mention his name for him to know that I made some enquiries even when I didn't.