Chapter 32

William's POV

Another week passed and today being Sunday, I decided to follow Ruth down to her church. I loved the fact that she didn't force it on me to come but because I made a promise, I deemed it fit to attend the service.

Thank goodness I had already arranged my clothes yesterday, I buttoned my shirt and picked up the tie.

The tie

**Flashback **

"Bob which one would be better, the black or dark blue tie" I asked him holding both ties.

"I think the blue tie would be perfect" he said without emotion, his face was blank and his expression was so sad. I approached him where he was sitting on the bed with his head bowed.

"What is wrong?" I asked.

"It nothing"

"Bob?" I sat down beside him to tap his lap.

"Sir...I..I want to quit" he replied and my eye flickered at that reply.

"Quit? Quit? Quit what?"

"This job" he answered with his head still bowed down leaving me so confused.

"But why? Did I do something bad?"

"It is just that... This job doest make me have time for myself and Mariana"

"Who is Mariana?"

"Errrrr."

"Bob"

"She is my girlfriend"

"Seriously you have a girlfriend and I didn't know about it? Bob you practically know almost everything in my life and I dont know anything you? So tell me what else again, I mean the secrets"

"That day you got shot, she lost her baby and that was why we met at the hospital" he said and I scoffed loudly in shock.

"I can't believe this, so you actually impregnated a lady and you were going to have a baby? How long were you going to keep this from me?"

"No.. it wasn't my baby. The crazy dick she called an ex boyfriend was the father but that day he assaulted her and she lost the baby"

"Oh my God! But I-"

"Sir I love her so much and that is why am ready to sacrifice my job for her, I am ready to start a family with her.. I I love her so much that... That..that"

"I understand but Bob I'll miss you. You are like a brother to me and I can't stand you leaving me" i replied and he laughed.

"Sir you sound like am leaving your life which is a big No, of course I would still be visiting"

"Oh! But I'd like to see that lady that stole your heart and made you like this"

"You really have no idea"

End of flashback.