Chapter 29

**not edited**

Ruth's POV

The cool breeze got suspended, the frogs croaking was the only sound to be heard followed by the sound of the gun, everything happened in a minute.

I was struggling for the gun forgetting that the muzzle was pointing directly at the foolish me. As soon as the trigger was pulled, I was pushed down and my hands left the gun but I wasn't the one who got shot, it was the person who pushed me to take my place. It is the same person standing in front of me.

It was no other person but Mr Williams Dennis.

My heart was ringing seriously, the frogs stopped croaking and they probably ran away, williams staggered for a while before laying on the floor beside me.

"No....no..no" I cried as I tilted his head on my chest but he just gave a weak smile. The gun had hit him in his stomach and the blood was spreading widely across his white shirt.

"Sir..."Joanna cried as she dropped the gun. "I really didn't mean to" she cried again but I ignored her.

"Williams please look at me....please don't do this" i pleaded

"I..it.. okay....a..am...fine" he struggled to say but the situation spoke otherwise.

The tears was drilling out of eyes again. This was my fault.

"Please.... don't.....leave...me" I begged and he nod his head weakly.

"Joanna call the ambulance" I shouted but as i lifted my head up she was no where to be found and i cried louder.

"I...I... W...ant...to sleep.....for..for..for a while" he said faintly

"No..no... please don't sleep" I begged but he collapsed immediately.

This was too much for me to bear, I couldn't take it any longer, my eyes were already swollen and were struggling to pop out of the socket.
I screamed and screamed till I could scream no more.

I used one hand to secure williams tightly to my chest while I used the other hand to search for my phone but my phone seemed to have disappeared into the thin air.

The siren of the police could be heard from a distance so I screamed so loud that my throat hurts for them to hear my voice and come to my rescue.

The police van pulled into the park as four police men came out, three were holding their gun while one was with a tape.

"Please help me" I cried faintly as one pulled out his phone to call someone.
The other two put on their gloves and placed the 'crime scene' poster and tape in the park and outside.

It took another ten minutes as the ambulance arrived and williams was retrieved from my hands and placed on the stretcher. I wanted to follow but the police man stopped me.

"Madam you would have to come with us" he said I hissed at him.

"I can see you are sick in the brain, my boyfriend is dying and you are expecting me to follow you?" I hissed again and entered the ambulance as the bus moved and first aid was given to him.

But Why on earth am I calling him my boyfriend.

Bob's POV

Evans and I got to know each other from the hospital when Ruth was poisoned so I decided to plan with him to bring Ruth and williams together and that brought about the fantastic lie we both lied to them.

The thoughts of them coming back together or making out got me so giddy so I shook off the thought and decided to visit my heartthrob Mariana for a goodnight.