Chapter 33

Ruth's POV

"Okay, you can explain now" my mum motioned us as Williams and I stood up. I figured out that Bob resigned and that was was probably why he was mad at Mariana but he let it off the hook and here we are now standing in front of my family like contestants waiting for the judge final result.

"Mom we've been dating for a while now" I replied.

"And you didn't tell us?"

"Mom am sorry but I did not want to bother you with my life details"

"Is that an excuse? Please Mr Williams can you stand outside for a while am sorry but we need to talk to our daughter" my dad requested and Will nodded before going outside.

"So let out every secret" my mum commanded.

"Mom, my love life is a little bit complicated. Will was the guy I met at the club and I knew there was something behind that kiss"

"Get your head straight, you met him In a club and that was during your weakest period, how can you call it love. It is INFATUATION".

"Am not a kid and I know what I want because then I called it worse than the infatuation, I hated his guts and manner but I knew my heart was with him and that was what I hated the most not him"

"Ruth I know you are a very fragile person but what if he cheats on you, you know he has the money, the power, the fame but what if you can't handle it all, what if he doesn't love you like you do?"

"Mom he won't"

"But what if he do?" She said in an harsh tone and there was silence for a while but Evans broke it.

"And that is exactly why we should do this"

William's POV

I stood outside the door waiting patiently for the outcome of whatever they are saying but one thing is certain that no matter what Ruth and I would end up together.

I bowed my head to pray when Evans came outside looking so downcast and sad.

"Evans what Is wrong? I asked and placed my right hand on his shoulder.

"Mr Dennis am so sorry but you can't be with my sister... I mean you can't love her like she said, my parents decided that No" he exploded the bomb and my hand immediately slipped off his shoulder.

"Evans please tell me you are joking and I swear I would believe it... What do you mean by we can't be together, you of all people know how much your sister means to me. I mean Evans you can't do this, I....love Ruth...... I love her so much, Evans please do something, she is my life and my everything. I know i sucked at showing it, I know am the worst boyfriend on earth but deep down inside my heart I love her"

" Am sorry, please just go because my parents already made their final decision" he said looking away and I can't seem to hear my heartbeat.

"No...no....no this can't be" I opened the door and staggered in to meet her parents sitting down on the chair while Ruth just showed her head.

"Sir.. ma.... I am truly sincere about my feelings to your daughter... Please don't put an end to it like this, this is killing me.... I promise to do whatever you want, I promise to go to church regularly, I promise to allow her train our kids in a Christian but please don't put an end to our love......I swear to heaven that I love her"

"Am sorry but, you are not the man for her"

"But I can be that man"

"No. Ruth has a very fragile heart and sooner or later you would break her heart"