Chapter 22

**not edited**

William's POV

I also don't understand the reason why I kissed her but all I knew was that I wanted her, I wanted her for my self, I wanted her to touch me more, I wanted to feel her more.

I knew that was the only painkiller that could help my situation

I might be a fool but I understand perfectly how I feel anytime she was with me but I hated the fact that she left me again.

Her lips was intoxicating and I would rather have a taste of it once rather than ten crates of beer.

I am more addicted to her than alcohol.

I kept tossing and tossing on my bed seeking for sleep but sleep seemed to have slept off and forgotten to carry me along.

I finally found sleep around four o'clock but to my greatest dismay, I woke up by five o'clock am, the stubborn me tried to sleep back but it was like pouring water into a basket.

It was of no use.

So I stood up to study the document she left behind before I went to take my bath and that was how I got to the office around seven. Yap that early.

I was walking towards her office to discuss about what happened yersternite when I saw her and Mr Campbell sharing some dialogue outside her office.

"What is happening here?" I asked in my normal office tone. Mr Campbell must not get a gist of my main intention.

"I was about coming to your office when I saw her just resuming office by this time, so am just scolding because even you the boss got here by seven am so I see no reason why an ordinary staff should be resuming by this time" I wonder why this man didn't just go for the post of the president chief speaker. Damn he talks too much but my gaze were upon Ruth and it was so obvious that she was embarrassed.

I felt like carrying her into the office to tell her that am sorry, to tell her how I feel about her, to show her the real me, to tell her that I lo- no.

Sir it was just-" she was about to explain but I cut her shut.

"I don't care and it none of my business, Mr Campbell I need to see you now" I said coldly and we both left for my office.

Ruth please understand me and wait for me. I promise to explain everything when am back.

"You don't have to scold her, it was my fault she came late coz I asked her to help me with some things this morning" I lied to cover up for Ruth as we entered the office.

She probably had sleeping issues.

"Alright sir- but what is the reason why you wanted to see me"

Is this man crazy, isn't what I said a reason enough to call him?

"Don't worry you can go" I waved him off and he looked at me with a suspicious eye before leaving.

Remind me to fire this man

Of course I should have gone back to Ruth but the meeting was about to commence so we all left for Fernandez company.

The meeting went well but we had to call a board meeting immediately from our company to determine their fate but as a result of time limit, I postponed the meeting till next week and went home to retire.

'ruth we have to also postpone ours till tomorrow' I thought to myself.

The next day