Chapter 16

**Riddle**
What can you hold without touching it?
___________________________

William's POV
I swear I didn't know how those words flew out of my mouth.

I had left the restaurant to pick up a call for a booking specially and secretly made for Ruth only to come back and meet her talking and shaking hands with another guy.

I can't believe I was jealous because she felt so free with him unlike how she behave whenever she was with me.

Maybe I overreacted but she was smilling with that bastard.

"Sir?" She asked giving me an eye

"I... I... Mean....flirt...whi...with... people of.... my status....you know?"  I stammered scratching my head.

How the hell did those words come out.

"Ohhhhhh really?" She said giving me another eye before storming back to the restaurant.

Luckily for me, the guy was nowhere to be found so we located our table to continue our meal In silence.

I played with my fork and vegetables for a while obviously not eating before dropping my fork to watch her eating.

Funny how she eats and stuff the vegetables and croissant in her mouth at the same time without caring what people think or how people are watching her.

"Why are you staring?" She said with her full mouth and I gave a little smile.

"Nothing really" I shrugged and she started a battle on the chicken.

May it gentle soul rest in peace.

"Wait! Are you not eating?" She asked innocently still with a full mouth.

"Nope. I lost my appetite" I said folding my hands and expecting her reply but she just  shrugged her arms.

"That means more for me" she replied and poured my soup into her plate including my vegetables and rice before battling with them.

"I wonder how you are not fat" I murmured.

"What?" Thanks goodness she didn't hear that.

" I said you can order more food" I lied.

"Wow thank you sir"

She ordered for a pizza and made justice to it but I just folded my hands and watched how she ordered different french delicacies and dealt with it.

"You are different from other girls" I said and she stopped.

"People have said worse" she said and continued to eat.

"No don't get me wrong, I don't mean that negatively. It just that you are different from others and it great like to stand out and I li.." i stopped but did I almost say 'like'

Don't talk to much Williams

"Thanks sir" she said and a smile crawled on her face.

I love it when she smiles but wait that is not a smile because her cheeks are red. wow She is blushing and she looks more pretty when she...

Stop these silly thoughts.

"But sir, I was not actually flirting with that guy, he also attend my church here so we're church members" she confessed and I hated myself immediately for overreacting earlier.

"Oh! Am sorry for-"

"It nothing sir" she said and I nodded my head as a form of saying thank you.