Chapter 25

William's POV

I stood resting at the door of the white undecorated white room, the ceiling fan was spinning nosily, the computer was beeping, transfusion was being made, the room scent could make an healthy person sick.

Yes, am in the hospital ward watching Ruth on the bed but she was fast asleep. Her brother sat down beside her holding and murmuring inaudible words to her while I stood by the wall. Maybe it would be better to keep my distance.

I really can't say that this is the exact reason why am here but I guess my heart is so foolish to run to this place.

Seeing Ruth in this condition makes me mad, I felt guilty and I was burning in anger

Strychnine poisoning

**Flashback**

"Strychnine poisoning? What is that?" Evans and I shouted at the same time

"Strychnine is a white, odorless, bitter crystalline powder that can be taken by mouth, inhaled or mixed in a solution. Strychnine is a strong poison; only a small amount is needed to produce severe effects in people and can cause extremely serious adverse health effects, including death"

"Death?" We chorused again.

"Yes Death"

"In your sister's case, the poison was inhaled but her respiratory system was not too strong to contain the poison that was why she reacted immediately by collapsing but thank God she was brought here immediately because People exposed to high doses of strychnine may have Respiratory failure possibly leading to  brain death within fifteen to thirty minutes"

"Inhaled?" Evans and I exclaimed again.

"Yes, it was inhaled. The cops have been informed so I want you to think very clearly on what she inhaled before she collapsed" the doctor advised and Evans looked pale immediately. He should know because he was with her during that period.

"She.....flower...she sniffed a flower" he said panting.

"Flower" I asked.

"Yes but were you not the gave her that stupid rose flower" he said accusingly while pointing his finger at me.

"Wait... Chill....chill...chill... I never gave her a flower although i wooed her but I did not give her any flower" I defended.

"How dare you woo her, how dare you woo my sister" he shouted raising his voice at me and I has no other choice but to do the same.

"But what Is wrong in wooing her... It is not like she accepted anyway"

"I don't believe what you say, you wooed her today, she didn't accept and you decided to send her flowers right?"

"Just stop accusing okay. I DID NOT SEND ANY FLOWER  so get that into your skull"

"What type of man does that?".

"A man like me" I said immediately.

"Gentlemen stop this, remember that someone's life is at stake here" the doctor chipped in and the both of us went silent while giving each other's a killer look.

"So right now, Mr Evans you need to inform your parent"

"I can't my mom is hypertensive and I can't tell her about this now. I will only tell them when Ruth opens her eyes" he said calmly.

"But it might take days"

"I still can't"

"Just be sure to make the right decision. Like I said earlier, we would have to let the cops investigate this matter thoroughly"