Chapter 21

Ruth's POV

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as I shot out of my bed.

Dammit it was already eight o'clock and am just waking up.

Why didn't this stupid alarm wake me up.

After the incident yesterday night, I could not concentrate on whatever they were talking about at the church youth meeting and I even ignored everyone including Candy neither was I able to sleep till three am this morning and now am waking by this foolish time.

I rushed into the bathroom to have a quick bath and it took me less than ten minutes to dress up.

"Goodbye" I shouted in haste and ran out of the house before they even replied my greetings.

I got to my the front of my office exactly thirty minutes past nine and I heaved in relieve as I was about to open the door.

Thank God no one saw me apart from God

"Good time to come to work Miss Collins" someone said from behind and I froze as I turned to see the general manager Mr Campbell.

"G-good morning sir" I said in fear.
Although am also a manager but he is the general manager.

"There is nothing good about the morning to you Miss Collins, you are resuming work at this time?" He complained.

"Sir, it just that am-"

"I don't want to listen to any of your cumbersome pretext and don't think am goinna let you off the hook this time" he scrabbled and just the moment for Mr Dennis to walk in.

He was back in his office and stern look with his suit tugged on his body, I looked down in embarrassment as I remembered the kiss we shared last night.

Different thought kept running through my brain.
Does he regret what happened yesterday, is he also as affected as I am? does he hate it? did he not sleep well like me?

"What is happening here?" He asked but my head was still bowed down.

"I was about coming to your office when I saw her just resuming office by this time, so am just scolding because even you the boss got here by seven am so I see no reason why an ordinary staff should be resuming by this time " Mr Campbell said and I could feel Mr Dennis staring at me.

"Sir it was just-" I was about to explain but Mr Dennis cut me off.

"I don't care and it none of my business, Mr Campbell I need to see you now" he said coldly and they both walked off.

It took my sixty seconds to register what he just said into my brain as I tried to fight back the tears that were forming in my eyes.

I opened the door, shut it and rest my back against it.

He does not care, he is not affected, he slept so well.
I was only a tool he used to forget his former fiancee and the kiss was just for fun.

Am the most stupid creature on earth, one who does not deserve to be called a Christian at all.

Stupid me, falling into sin over and over again, practically doing what I preached against

Wasn't it enough that God forgave me for going into a bar or a kissing a random man? Why this Ruth?

Why can't I just keep myself together and stop this crazy act?

I need to get past this, forget about everything, live like a normal Christian but I have to start by getting away from here.

I let the tears flow freely for a while before settling down on my seat to write my resignation letter.
________________________