Chapter 24

Ruth's POV

Am I hearing wrong? Is he asking me to be his girlfriend or am I hallucinating?

I closed my eye and opened it again to be sure if this was not a dream and behold it wasn't.

"Sir.... I..I...I..I.. don't understand sir" I stammered with an extremely shaky voice.

"Ruth, I know it is too sudden but ever since you came into my life it has never been the same, you barged into my life without knocking and broke all my walls without permission. I might sound foolish and crazy to you now, it just that I don't know how to express it in words, but please am not asking much from you, just please don't reject me" he said in a very low tone and I looked at his dreamy eye.

He drew closer to me and the tension between us was so tense

God why am I feeling this way? What is wrong with my tummy? Are they worms or butterflies?

"Ruth please give me an answer please" he said in a pleading tone.

"Sir... Sir but you know it not possible, me...you...us.....I... It it it can't just fit in, we are so different in many ways. We are too-"

"Please stop saying that, stop acting like we are too different when we are not, you are human and am also one so what else can we not share in common," he said raising his voice a little.

I stared at him for a while in suprise, am I sure am not dreaming? Is this the same Mr Dennis I knew from the beginning? Oh my God I was a fool for giving way for the kiss at the club.

My hands were trembling and I had no knowledge of the reason for my pounding heart.

He is not a Christian Ruth, get that to your brain and stop thinking about him

"Sir am sorry but my answer is no" I said with a gulp and turned to leave but he grabbed my hand instead.

"Sir please don't." I said softly removing his hands from mine.

"Sir, Please just let me be and let just pretend to be strangers because we can't be together so please forget about me and I'll forget that this ever happened"

"Ruth I can't forget about-" I interrupted him with a yell.

"Then just remove it from your memory or something, don't you get it, they can never be an us so please don't interfere into my life again"

"Ruth am not interfering into-"

"Then why did you give us the money, why on earth did you give me a job? Why exactly did you come to my house?" I exploded and watch him do the staring.

"I'll leave now, and am not coming back here agin but like I said earlier your money would be ready next month"

"How will you get a million dollars within three weeks?" He asked with concern and I gave a little laugh.

"Who do you really think I am Mr Williams Dennis? An uncontented fool? A lavishing brat? *Scoffs* am sorry am not what you think I am" I spat.

"No don't get me wrong, am not calling you that, it just that...." He stopped in between his sentence and ran his fingers through his hair.