Chapter 28 (part one)

Here is an update but I changed some things like Ruth's post in her present working place.

Ruth's POV

I looked at her in fury but it was not her fault she said that. My eyes were burning red and I tried to smile but my face were giving way for expression.

It was mine, it has always been my fault and I knew I deserved it. I turned around and loosened my bounded hair in frustration and dropped the money suitcase before storming out of the company murmuring words I myself don't understand.

Since it was still ten o'clock today Tuesday and because I already told my boss that I might be late today, I hurriedly and took the bus to my working place.

My office

"Ruth are okay" someone disrupted my thoughts and I jerked up to see my fellow work mate Mrs Aisha Wilson in front of my desk and placing both hands on my desk while she studied my expression.

My office here is a little bit bigger than the one at Dennis because we are three sharing it and working as sales officers for the company.

The three desk are separate and arranged at the three corners of the room while the fourth corner was occupied by the big shelf. Each table was accompanied with three drawers,everyone has personal computers, our office equipment and also a side small shelf while the general refrigerator stood gracefully beside Mr Powell- the only man in our midst.

"Am very fine" I reassured her but her lips were still curled into a frown.

"I don't believe you" she said and I looked at her in suprise.

One thing that amaze me about her is how she never seize to look beautiful even with the hijab covering her hair and forehead.

Mrs Wilson is a Muslim whose character I love so much, in her early thirties but very humble and respectful. The broad warm smile never seize to leave her face unlike the broody Mr Powell who always seems dedicated to his work.

"It is actually nothing" I reassured her again but this time with an half smile.

"Still lying" she sang.

"Mrs Wilson, you are a Muslim but I don't think you married a Muslim how are you coping with that?" I asked her although it was the wrong time to ask because she was still standing while I was sitting but there Is no way to give her a seat in front of my table.

"The most important key to every marriage is love and the second most important is understanding, once the both partner can learn that then there would be no problem with the religion" she concluded but I was not contented.

"Oh love but what about the kids, what if you want them to follow your religion but your husband wants it otherwise?"

"You seems to have forgotten that human have their rights to religion and as soon as the child can read and understand little about life, the child would be the one to decide who he or she would follow" she advised but I shook my head negatively.

"I still think that would create confusion" I said and dugged out a bond from my bag to tie my hair back into a bun.

"Wait I can sense that you're having issues with that, is your spouse a Muslim or non religious?"

"He is not yet my spouse"

"Ohhhhhh" she said and I rested my back comfortably on my chair.

"I am just so confused"

"You don't have to be, just follow your heart and everything would be alright, do whatever you have to do now so that you won't regret it later"

"I think am already regretting it" I muttered softly but she heard it clearly.

The door opened and the sales manager came in, thank God he is not anything like Williams Dennis if not..........

"Good afternoon have you remitted the money for riskfree co-operative?" He asked.

"Am about to do that sir" Mrs Wilson answered on my behalf.

"Alright be fast, the managing director want to see all the document" he said and left immediately.

"Okay, so let us work now and talk later" she said and turned to walk back to her seat.

"You might as well spend the rest of the day talking since that is what you ladies were born for" Mr Powell added while still focusing on the computer.

Well he has been like that, although in his late forties but it was rumoured around here that his wife and child left him for being too serious.

I don't believe that his wife left him but am 100% sure about him being too serious, his round Harry Potter's glass has never been let down for a second, he is a little bit potbellied but his non-smilling face always give the not to mess with sign but what I like about him is his diligence, passion and loyalty to his work.

"There is not a single theory that says women are born to talk only" Mrs Wilson retorted in a friendly way as she sat down on her seat.

"They don't have to be, you've already proved it"he answered still concentrated on what he is typing.

"In what way? Mr Powell you are getting this all wrong, you don't understand women, in what way have I proved that nonexistent theory?" She asked but Mr Powell just continued working on his system.

Everywhere was so silent and only the sound of the keyboard could be heard, we all knew what he meant by not answering because Mr Powell's silence alone answered it.

It meant that she talks too much.

********************
I was waiting for the bus at the bustop when my phone rang and the dialer happens to be no one else than my naughty brother.
Well this would be a first.

"Hello" I greeted him.

"Sis, please help me.... please help" he pleaded and I could feel the hurt in his voice as he was panting heavily and I was panicking.

"What is wrong?, Where are you? What happened?" I asked.

"Am in that abandoned park right now but I can't stand up and there is no one who knows this place apart from you.... My leg got caught in a trap although i removed it but it hurts so much that I can't get off from the ground not to talk of walking" he complained

" Why can't you call the emergency unit" I retorted.

"I just need someone to take me home" he wailed.

"Alright please calm down I'll be there soon and don't move an inch" I replied and hung up.

I left my usual bustop and took another bus going to the street of the abandoned park. Although it was almost seven o'clock but it was almost getting dark as I found my way inside the old park.

My phone rang again but this time around it happened to be Joanna and i wondered what could have made her call me.

"Hello" I greeted hurriedly and in a low tone.

"Where are you?" She asked in a concerned tone.

"Am in a park right now I need to see someone now ill call you later" I said sharply and cut off the line before placing my phone in my bag again

I strained my eyes as I entered the park to search for Evans only to see him sitting down on the chair but I could only see his back view.

I ran forward to his front and placed both of my hands on my hips.

"Evans you-" I gasped as I saw his face.

damn I have only be fooled.

This is not Evans

To be continued.
Part two coming up shortly with severe drama.