Difference of Opinion

Scott watched the lot empty out slowly after the fight was over... and after the last of the other fighters were gone - finally, Logan came out, moving slowly and taking his time - with the owner of the bar following him with a broad grin. When they saw Scott in Logan's jeep, the owner stiffened up - on alert - but Logan waved him off and made his way over.

Logan climbed in and sat back in the seat, letting out a long breath for a moment after he'd shut the door. Neither of them seemed willing to say anything right away. Scott knew that he shouldn't have been there, but he still had things he needed to say. But it was Logan that broke the silence. "Did I see you with a beer and a girl?" Logan asked and in response, Scott turned red as Logan smirked at him.

"She gave me a ride and I didn't drink the beer - but that's not ... I had to see what happened. I needed to know how bad it was going to be," Scott defended. "They've been talking about this idiotic fight for weeks."

"I know," Logan said, nodding his head gently. "This has been planned since beginning of December."

Scott turned his way, frowning. "I didn't think you knew back then."

"Scotty, I work with those guys," Logan said with a little smirk. "I've had to listen to them talking crap for weeks. I know how long it's been in the works. They all knew what was gonna happen too. That's why there were only a couple guys from work that signed up. New guys that weren't at the other fight."

"What about Nathan's dad?" Scott challenged. "He knows something's ... different about you."

Logan just shook his head with a dismissive little wave. "He's not going to say anything. Don't worry about it."

"You don't know that."

"Sure I do. He's afraid I'm gonna kill him."

"Which is exactly why he'd call someone in," Scott argued. "You saw - he's not above getting others in on trying to take you down."

"You don't know how these guys think. They're not gonna go running for the authorities. And you saw that I was holding back the whole time. It takes a helluva lot more than that to keep me down."

"What are you going to do when it's not a cage fight?" Scott asked. "Because if he's figured it out - the next time might be someone more - I don't know. Official."

"If he's stupid enough to come at me when he doesn't have the protection of a crowd around him, then I'll teach him a lesson," Logan replied, but when he saw the look of pure disapproval and simmering anger that outlined exactly how unamused his 'son' was, he tried to find the right way to rephrase it, since it was clear that he wasn't getting through the way that he hoped. "Maybe you should just read my file when we get back before you take an opinion on it. It won't do much for anything else - but it should ease your mind on that front at least." He shrugged lightly. "Won't do a damn thing for anything else - but ..."

Scott shook his head. "That's not... I don't know what's in there, but I heard what Captain America was saying on some of it, and that's not the point."

"Scott, it really is. A bunch of untrained unarmed yea-hoos are not going to slow me down." He paused and let out a deep breath. He didn't want to be having this discussion. But he needed to let him know how far off he was. "I destroyed an entire base full of armed, trained soldiers, on my own. Just ... me, trying to get out."

For an instant, Scott was silent, only because he couldn't think of how to respond just yet. "You gonna do that if Nathan's dad calls in, I don't know, some officials?"

"If I have to. But they haven't made choppers yet that I can't hear from miles out. We'd be gone before they showed up. If you were payin' attention - SHIELD hasn't been able to track me for years. If they can't do it - the other guys don't stand a chance."