Mr. Stark

After Scott showed her around, K had a hard time getting to sleep that night. She knew Scott wasn't lying, and she knew that Logan wouldn't misdirect her, but she also knew that Logan was anxious, and it was pretty clear that even though he at least partially trusted these people, he still wanted to get out. Fast.

So when it was apparent that she wasn't going to be sleeping, K wrapped the flannel shirt around her new pajamas, slipped on a pair of soft socks and silently padded down the hall toward the kitchen. No one was around and aside from the usual ambient sounds of any household, the place was silent.

K took just a moment to take stock of where everything was before she started up a pot of coffee. If she couldn't sleep, she could at least have some kind of comfort in some java.

She was well into her third cup, her chin resting in the palm of her hand, when she heard someone coming down the hall. For an instant, her pulse picked up, not sure of who it might be, or what the consequences were if she was out of her rack - no ... this was a house. Out of bed. If she was out of her room before it was socially acceptable. K held her breath as she waited for the approaching person to appear and when it was Tony, she simply waited to see how he'd handle things. But she had to smirk at his response to seeing her there.

"This definitely wasn't the date or late night rendezvous with you that I had in mind," Tony said as he made his way over and got a mug to pour himself some coffee.

"I wasn't aware I was allowed out of the house," K replied, simply going back to her coffee, though she missed the smile that Tony was wearing when she didn't flat turn him down.

"Why not?" he asked, leaning against the counter and watching her carefully. "They're the ones on lock down. You're off the radar, so I'm told. No reason you can't get out ... stretch your legs, have a good time."

She smiled toward her coffee cup before she glanced up to catch his gaze. "I'm reasonably sure that going out anywhere with you would wreck that entirely," K pointed out. "But it's a sweet offer."

"Sweet nothing," Tony said before he kicked off from where he was leaning against the counter to lean on the table next to her. "Come on. Let's go do something. No press. No cameras. Just you and me. Believe me, I know how to avoid them if I want to."

"Yeah?" K said, one eyebrow raised in challenge. "Prove it."

"Come with me and I will," he said with a crooked smirk.

But she shook her head lightly at that. "No dice, Romeo. Prove it first."

Tony smiled outright at that. "That's your condition? Prove that I can avoid cameras and you'll go have a little fun?"

She was entirely sure that it wasn't going to happen, so she shrugged lightly. "Yeah. Why not."

He grinned wider and pointed a finger her way. "I'm taking that as a promise, missie."

"Alright, that's fine," K said, nodding. "Of course, I'll probably be long gone by then..."

"No, no," Tony said, already heading out of the kitchen. "Watch the news - there will be no live sightings of me today, and tonight? Well. Tell Jan you'll need something high brow."

"Awfully optimistic of you, Mr. Stark," K said, lifting her mug to her lips.

"Yes. and also right," Tony called out before he stepped into the hall, leaving K shaking her head.

With a sigh, she refilled her mug, turned off the coffee maker and headed back down the hall to her room. If nothing else, the entertainment was good.

By morning, K had honestly forgotten about the little fiasco at three in the morning with Stark, and she was simply enjoying the company she had in Scott and Logan, though neither of them had much to say as they sat down at breakfast.