890 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York

As Coulson had predicted it was late by the time the group got to the Avengers mansion in New York. The building was massive and lit architecturally to showcase several of the mansions' more elaborate features. Scott had seen the place on the news and in the paper, and it was clear that the boy didn't think that the reports had done it any justice. He stared at the sheer size of the place as they got out of the car, and did a double take as Logan simply headed toward the doors as if he was meant to be there all along. Out of place as he was.

The butler that ran the place met them before they could enter and kindly introduced himself as 'Jarvis', promising that they would be relocated to the Tower once it was finished - if they were still around. He was particularly kind to Scott, and seemed a bit wary of Logan as he took the two wayward mutants to their rooms - next to each other, of course. Before he left them for the evening, he was sure to inform them of what they could expect the next day. "Breakfast will be served off the kitchen starting at Seven. Coffee service begins at Six thirty."

Logan nodded and thanked him before he just watched the well dressed gentleman head off before he and Scott shared a look and Logan was sure to make it clear to Scott. "Let me know if you get a bad feelin' about this. I'll pull the plug."

But Scott saw for just an instant that Logan looked like he was already set to run. Though if it was at the idea of being with this group of heroes or under SHIELD custody, Scott just wasn't entirely sure. "If Cap is with them, I'm sure it'll be fine for a few days anyhow," Scott said as diplomatically as he could. He held the files in his arms a little tighter, reminding himself that if he had time off and away from school, he could at least try to soldier through Logan's file.

Logan saw the little movement when Scott held tighter to the files and nodded in agreement before the young man headed into his room. For a moment, Logan considered doing the same, though he couldn't possibly relax not knowing a few exits out. He left the door open and silently headed off to stalk through the mansion and find his exit strategies as Scott settled into his room.

The next morning, Scott woke up with the sun .. unintentionally of course. After all the excitement and the exertion from his game, he would have been more than happy to sleep late, but it was just that his room apparently faced the east that when the sun broke over the horizon line - it acted as an alarm clock of sorts. He dragged himself out of bed and took his time getting dressed and ready for the day. He really should have checked the place out - or gotten a basic breakdown of where everything was in the mansion before he went to bed. But it was a little late for that, so he did the next best thing and followed his nose to the smell of breakfast cooking.

He sleepily made his way through the ornate halls until he found Logan - and Cap, of course - with their heads together and drinking coffee in the morning sun. It wasn't until he got closer that Scott overheard what the two of them were saying, and it sounded suspiciously like something that needed intervention. Scott frowned to himself and decided to go see what was happening just in time to see the two older men simply straighten up and invite Scott into their hushed discussion.

"So ... what's going on?" Scott asked, looking between the two of them. Something had to be up.

"Nothing," Logan replied, though Steve didn't like the answer.

"I'm trying to get him to relax a little bit," Steve explained with a smirk. "He looks like he's ready to bolt. I don't think he likes the layout of this place. Too many windows."

Scott settled into a frown and watched his guardian for a few moments. "Have you even gone to bed?"

Logan opened his mouth to say something but Steve beat him to it.