A Decision Is Made

Scott had stared at the ceiling for a while and tossed and turned trying to get back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. With a frustrated sound, he threw back the covers and headed for the kitchen. He didn't know that Logan was still up, but he was almost relieved when he saw him.

"You alright, kid?" Logan asked as Scott came over and sat down at the table with him, though it was clear that everything about him was off - from the way Scott was fidgeting, to his posture, and that wasn't even considering the scent being so far off from normal ....

Scott let out a breath. "Back ... last fall," Scott said, frowning deeply - not just because of the subject, but the simple fact that whatever he'd had plotted out to say had simply escaped him. "When I ... blasted you, what did it look like?"

Logan tipped his head to the side and narrowed his eyes as he watched Scott's guilty movements. "You havin' headaches again?" Logan asked.

"Yes, but ... not anymore. I'm just ... can you tell me please?"

"Red," Logan replied. "All I saw was red before I hit the tree. Why?"

Scott shook his head, but finally spoke through gritted teeth. "The glasses stop ... whatever it is from happening," Scott said. "When it happens," he gestured to his face. "They glow."

Logan moved to lean forward, never taking his eyes off of Scott. "Okay. Can you make it happen? Or stop it when it does?"

"I don't know," he replied before he launched into a very fast paced explanation of what had happened before he'd gone to bed, ending in a very anxious and frustrated kid that clearly had no idea what to do with himself.

Logan took a while to respond. He knew the kid was freaked out - by himself - but he also knew that Stark's crappy location prohibited them from going outside and just ... diving into it right then and there. Finally, after what had to have felt like a lifetime to Scott, Logan let out a long, slow breath. "Alright. Get some rest. Or try to. First thing tomorrow, we'll go find somewhere we can look into this. Deep in the woods - or a ... secluded beach. Somewhere you can try it out without the cops getting called."

"Are you sure?" Scott asked with a frown. "Isn't that... I mean... we just moved and if anyone sees me, or sees my eyes when they do ...Whatever..."

"That's why we'll find somewhere private. Otherwise, I'd tell you to let loose on Stark's ridiculous house."

Scott very nearly smirked. "Yeah but I don't think I know how to turn it on unless it sneaks up on me in a headache."

"Well... how about you try it, or if you're nervous, we'll let it go until you start getting headaches again." He shrugged one shoulder up. "Either way, you're gonna need to try it sooner or later."

"Yeah, I know," Scott said with a sigh. "I need to get it ... well, I need to be able to stop it or school is just..." He shook his head.

"One step at a time, right?"

"Then if it's alright, I think I'd like to start sooner than later. To get a handle on it before it gets worse."

"You got it," Logan replied with a nod. "Can it wait 'til daylight?" He was smirking just slightly, fully aware that Scott had no intentions of going out with something that would glow that brightly.

The corners of Scott 's mouth twitched. "Unless there's a festival or fireworks show I don't know about," he said.

"Beats the hell outta me, I'm new around here too," Logan shot back before he got to his feet and ruffled up Scott's hair as he passed. "Get some rest. You'll feel better tomorrow."