Chapter 25 - Mirror

I cleared my throat to get their attention but Julian waved his hand in dismissal. He didn't even stop kissing her to find out why I cleared my throat. Rolling my eyes, I stomped off to the bathroom. I took a shower, got dressed in my pajamas, and walked back into the room.

"What the hell..." I said to myself. They were still at it. Like, why? Who would be kissing that long? "Eh-hm!"

They ignored me completely. I walked over to the couch and sat next to them. So, two can play that game. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Their kissing noises were annoying as heck. I turned the volume to max and waited. I couldn't even concentrate on the screen without hearing that wet, smacking sound. After three minutes, they pulled away and peered at me.

"I guess it's that time." Paisley flipped her braids, slapping me in the face. "Oh, my bad." She smirked and stood.

My fingers curled, itching to reach for her neck and choke her until she passed out. "Witch..." I mumbled to myself.

"I'll be back in a few," Julian said.

I pretended I was grossly into the show on the television. I couldn't fathom what he saw in her. She was such a deceitful bitch—faker than my grandma's dentures. How didn't he see that? I shook my head.

After watching TV for an hour and a half, I went to bed. No sense waiting on Julian because he was still outside talking to Paisley and probably licking her face. My evil mind told me to lock him outside but I knew he would have done something to wake the entire neighborhood. I just went to sleep. Julian was an adult and I figured he should make his own decisions even if he liked Medusa.

***

I opened my eyes the next morning and saw an angry Julian hovering over me. I rubbed my eyes, sounding groggy, "What?"

"We need to talk." His weight eased off the bed as he moved to stand beside me.

I sat up and patted the space next to me for him to sit. "Is something wrong?" I yawned.

"Lays, I cannot talk to you with morning breath. Freshen up and have some breakfast before we speak."

I glowered at him. So what did he wake me up for? What was the reason for hovering me like a damn balloon? I wasn't pleased. I wasn't pleased at all. Slowly, I rolled off the bed and headed for the bathroom. I spent forever in there.

"Right," I pushed my empty breakfast plate aside. "Let's talk now. What's the matter?"

Julian took a seat next to me, his jaw set in a hard line.

I propped my hand below my chin. "What?"

"Paisley," he said.

I sucked my teeth. "Are you serious?"

"Your tone says it all. What's wrong with Paisley?"

"She is not right for you. I can see straight through her."

"But she reminds me of you so much."

My heart dipped and I gasped for air. "Me? Never! No fucking way, she is Medusa in the flesh."

He rolled his eyes. "Medusa? You are being ridiculous."

"She is a total bitch. And I know you saw when she hit me in my face with her stinky braids for spite."

"Stop it," he smiled.

"She is not meant for you."

"You're being mean. She hasn't done you anything and you've been throwing shade from inception."