Chapter 36 - Pleasure

"Jerry," I moaned.

I wanted him to devour me. I wanted him to eat me whole. But I also didn't want to lead him on. Who was I kidding? I still had feelings for Jerry, but I was not about to let him think it was this easy to get back into my good books. Especially after Siena. Sure, he broke up with her and returned for me, but it would never be this simple.

Now his head was so hidden beneath my nightgown I couldn't control my damn hormones. I yelped when he squeezed my upper thighs and massaged them. And if that wasn't enough, the light breaths he blew against the base of my panties had me jerking about in the seat. "Jerry!" But he didn't stop, nor did he slow down. I felt his hand reach for the rim of my panties and Lord... "No!" I shoved his head violently from beneath my gown and shut my legs tight.

Stunned, he sat back on his heels with his eyes wide open. "What?" he said, out of breath.

"Was this part of your plan—to massage me and get your way?" I'd been so aroused, my anger came out like a soft, shallowed breath.

He shook his head. "No, I..."

"I'm not some fucking toy you can play with. Just because I'm pregnant with your child and you are in my house, it doesn't mean we are good, Jerry." I slowly got up.

"Did I do something wrong?" He followed me. "Leila."

"I'm fine."

He pulled my hand. "Talk to me."

I whirled on him. "I can't do this between us. I told you this before and yet, here you are taking advantage of me."

"I'm not. I just thought—"

"Just because you gave me the story, it doesn't mean I'm okay with all of this. You chose her over me, remember? That shit still hurts. And just when I was finally getting over you, you showed up." I clenched my fists. "Just when things started going smooth, you decided to come and mess with my mind." I shook my head.

He reached for me again but I waved him off. "Come on, have a seat, don't be on your feet."

"I don't want to have a seat, Jerry. I'm going to bed and I think you should, too."

"Lei... please talk to me. I am here now. I don't know what I could do."

"Nothing." I retreated to my room and closed the door.

Months I'd taught myself to forget about him. Months I'd learned not to shed another tear. But now that he'd done this, the waterworks came flowing. I cuddled my pillow and shook my head. It wasn't fair. None of it was. I couldn't take another rejection. I couldn't take being second to anyone. Lately, the men in my life had infidelity issues. Maybe I was better off alone.

I turned on my back and sat upright when I felt kicking in my tummy. One kick was followed by three more. Lifting my gown, I marveled at the tiny movements protruding my gut. Never would I have thought to be close to becoming a mommy. I gently rubbed my stomach and exhaled. "Only two more months, little one." I winced when the baby kicked harder. "Cool it, Messi!"

A heavy knock sounded on my door.

I should just let him stand there the entire night, but what was the use, anyway? Taking a deep breath, I welcomed him inside.

"Forgot something?" Jerry dangled a pack of chips in his hand.

I rolled my eyes. I did forget the chips, but I wasn't in the mood to patronize him. "What do you want?"

He sighed. "We probably got off on the wrong page and I'm not here to force you to do anything."

I peered at him, still moving my hand in circular motions over my stomach. I should have covered myself when he entered, but I was way beyond caring right now. He was the one in my space.