Prologue

Ting!

And the elevator opened. All heads on the hallway turned around to see who it was. Even though the gap was small, everybody knew who's in it. Of course, who can miss the same familiar outfit. The outfit of death and pure evil. Black shoes, black pants, black coat and tie and a white shirt barely noticeable since it is hidden under a black vest.

That's Mr. Black, A man who dresses like somebody died. Mr. Black is not a nickname given to him for the way he dress but it's actually his real name which complements the way he dress.

Everybody turned in their panicky state. Someone ran to the bathroom and closed the door while somebody cursed for not being able to sprint first. Neil opted to hide under his table and the Polasky sisters together with some others went for the canteen.

Believe me when I say that that all happened in a few second because the time when the elevator door completely opened, everyone pretended to be very busy. Everybody was focusing on something else like random documents as if they were busy reading it or on their computers while typing keys at random. Nosy Kate chose to staple blank papers. Everyone becomes creative when Mr. Black arrives. No two people should be doing the same excuse or it would become obvious that they're acting kind of odd.

I, for instance froze when he started to walk towards his office. It's been a week since I started working here but I still feel like a coconut just fell on my head. Mr. Black scanned the whole area. Feeling satisfied, he continued on walking.

I stood up once he was near my table and did my part on the routine.

"Good morning sir." I greeted. As usual he didn't say anything or even react on my remark. Once his office door was closed, everyone heaved a sigh of relief including me. No one was fired today. It must be our lucky day or our boss is in a good mood.

For the week that I stayed here, 10 people were fired for silly reasons and that includes staring blankly at the wall, standing on the hallway (and blocking his way), ugly shoes, laughing in the office and many more. Only the upper and some middle management are safe from Mr. Black's wrath.

Some long term employees often joke that I should be the next one to lose my job since the position of Mr. Black's personal assistant and I quote, 'has been and ever will be replaceable'. A betting pool was even created in my honor and a month being the longest.

Even with Mr. Black's cold attitude I enjoyed working here. The employees have got this instant bond to everyone since our favorite topic to talk about during our break is our personal encounter with Mr. Black and how scared we felt during that encounter.

If you're wondering why there's never a shortage of employee it's because the pay here is good. So good that I decided to leave my old job as a waiter and move here in the city.

I was born and raised outside the city but last week while I was doing my usual job as a waiter, someone offered me to work here in this company and gave me a business card. He promised that the pay would be good and here I am now. Working as a personal assistant for Mr. Black.

The intercom buzzed. Mr. Black was calling me from his office. I stood up and immediately went inside his office.

"Yes, sir?"

"I want you to sort this file according to their pages and please inform Mr. Castillo that I can't meet him today." As usual, he was in his cold demeanor. I started to pick-up the pieces of papers on the floor as careful as possible so as not to crumple them. I know I don't have a right to say this but man, he is a man of order. How clumsy of him to scatter the pages of this file.

I picked up almost every pages except for the ones that are under his table. His table is different from the typical desks since it's made of glass and it doesn't have that cover in front of his legs. I started to crawl towards the remaining sheets until I realized that I was facing his crotch.

"Ahem! What are you doing?" I looked up and I saw that he was looking at me. Damn this transparent table.

"Uhm... I-I was retrieving the remaining pages!" The squeak at the end of my sentence is not helping either. He might think that I'm a pervert!

"Can't you do it without staring at my crotch?" How did he even know I was staring at it? He was busy writing something a while ago. Not unless he got this ultra genitalia sensor that senses if somebody was staring at his dick- which I never did mind you.

"I'm not staring at it!" I replied. I can't tell you how weird this conversation is that is why I decided to just pick everything up and to get the hell out of his table.

Once I got out of his office, I repeatedly slap my face for that awkward encounter. I should be thankful he didn't fire me on the spot.