9

Chapter 9

I just got out of Mr. Black's office and I really, really wanted to scream and destroy some things or punch someone in the face.

Dicks!? The hell with dicks! I have one. Why would I want to have another one?

I went to the snack-room to calm myself. I'm gonna need that morning coffee now.

"Hey Michael!" Kate called me.

"What?" I almost shouted as an answer. She's gonna ask me if I'm fired or not.

"Nothing." She replied when she saw that I am not in the mood. "I just wanted to say you shouldn't worry. I'm starting to think that Mr. Black will have to be patient now in replacing his secretaries especially since the last incident." She commented and sipped from her mug. Okay fine. She wins. My interest is now piqued.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"Oh. You mean you don't know?"

"Just spill the beans before I'm gonna bludgeon someone to death."

"His last secretary Ms. Lorraine burned down his office. She was the perfect secretary Mr. Black ever had. Smart, kind, punctual and beautiful. You didn't expect it but man she was a crazy bitch. One night she went into his office and set the top floor on fire. She's actually the reason why Mr. Black has to move into our floor. I don't know what happened to that woman but we all hate her. She brought darkness into our floor and the reason why a lot of employees got fired." After her storytelling, she sipped from her cup of tea. Did she just...

"So you mean to say, Mr. Black is originally on the top floor?" No wonder...

"Yes. It's the executive office and the main conference hall. It's under renovation right now so expect in a few weeks that you will be transferred up where only you, Mr. Black, and loneliness will reside." Another loud sip from her tea.

"I'm sorry but why did his last secretary burned down his office?"

"I dunno. Maybe he fired her and she went cuckoo. That's why I'm telling you that Mr. Black may be a little bit nicer to you. He even hired a man to stop that from happening again." She went on to gossip about several things but I went into my passive state and heard nothing but blah blah blah. All I got is John is now officially the most hated guy in the office for microwaving a fish. When does this woman stop talking?

"Hey Mike, your telephone's ringing." Neil interrupted us, thanks be to God but once I realized that Mr. Black is calling, I left my coffee on the counter and ran back to my office.

"Yes sir, Do you need anything?" I said once I picked up the handset.

"To my office please." He sounded sour again. I wonder what I did wrong. I prepared myself again for another scolding or any other thing that might happen once I got into his office. I opened the door and I saw him standing in front of his table while his arms are crossed. Now it made him look twice as intimidating as before.

"Is something wrong sir?" I asked him.

"Notice anything wrong?" he replied back. I looked at him from head to foot. The only thing I noticed is that he looked... hotter? I mean he looked different since he was wearing a white shirt and not the black ones he usually wear. But overall he pretty much looks the same.

"A-" I was about to ask what's different but then I realized that would be stupidity. He then spread his arms when he got no reply from me. 

"The clothes I bought are tight." I remarked when I perceived that his body is noticeably ripped.