2

Chapter 2

I went home both physically and mentally exhausted.

From the boring meeting and the memory surge, I sure wanted to just lie down and sleep. I just wonder... why did I suddenly remember him? The same familiar ache is coming back again. It's history but  it's still painful like it was just yesterday.

I decided to just forget what happened and focus more on my job. I don't want Mr. Black to call me lazy and incompetent again but this time a girl who I've never saw before is attempting to go into his office. Mr. Black made it clear with me a hundred times to never let anyone into his office unless they are written on his schedule. He also stated that even though they will tell me that they are important people or even the president I'm gonna have to stop them from 'disturbing' his office hours.

"Uhmm. Excuse me miss, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stop you right there." fair enough she stopped from her tracks and started to approach my table.

"Oh. You're new. what's your name?" She was one of the prettiest girl I have ever seen but her fake voice ruined it for me.

"I'm Michael Flynn. I'm sorry ma'am but I don't recognize you. I believe you are not scheduled to see Mr. Black."

"I'm here to see Magnus." she's very confident. Of course with her voluptuous body and her sophisticated clothes who wouldn't be? 

"Who?" I replied.

"Oh my gosh. I'll pretend I didn't hear that since you're new. I'm Maddison. Don't you worry about me I'm here to see my  darling dearest." and she winked at me before jostling herself into Mr. Black's office.

"Oh no. no. no." I held her arm before she could even take a step closer to my boss. I already despise this woman. She's pretentious and tries to act like cute little child even though she looks like she already spawned a dozen of child. Plus I'm sensing a little bit of a bitchy attitude hidden in plain sight. I know a bitch when I see one. I learned that when I was still a waiter.

"Let me go!" she was forcing herself to be free and her annoying lengthy nails have scratched my neck repeatedly. Our little tussle ended when Mr. Black spoke without even looking to any of us.

"It's alright Flynn." said Mr. Black and this woman child looked at me with her I told you so look.

"Okay Sir." I stated before closing the door. She called him Magnus. Does that mean that Magnus Black is the full name of Mr. Black? That's like new information to me. I know it's a shame to just discover your boss's complete name when you've been working for him for a couple of weeks now but everyone in the office calls him Mr. Black. I didn't bother to even ask what his full name was which is even more embarrassing.

That realization pushed me to search his name on the internet because it made me realize that I don't know shit about my boss and that's just sad especially when I'm his personal assistant. 

Magnus Black 

Then search. It's not so difficult to find him since he was the top result which is actually impressive. I decided to click one of the articles that caught my attention.

Attractive Businessmen That Will Surely Make You Thirssstyyy

Psssh. Typical Buzzfeed Article.

Number 10... Meh not important. I just scrolled my way to the link while focusing only on the  pictures. Although I can say that they are all good looking, only number 1 and 2 are above them all. And it's not surprising that Mr. Black is on the top.

Number 1: Magnus Josef Black
Height: 6'1
Age: 28
Occupation: CEO of Black Industries
Likes: Golf, Caviar, good liquors, trading, Yacht, polo, watches
Status: In a relationship

Eh. Typical rich people can only afford. I'm pertaining about his likes.

What to know about Magnus:
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude at Harvard University 
• Finished his masters degree at Standford Graduate School of Business
• The first born son of Mr. Bennett Black, founder of Black Industries.
• Was offered to be a model and an actor but declined to become both.
• In a relationship with runway model Madison Brooke.

That's actually impressive. Now I'm starting to have second thoughts about my boss.

What turns you on?
A pretty face.

That's it? He gave the shortest answer among those that were interviewed. He should learn from Number 2 because he said: Someone who cares for me, a beautiful heart, attracted to intellect. Spot on! It should be like that.  Affected or not we should be attracted to other things rather than superficial things and I am not saying this because I'm not attractive but because... Okay I admit, I'm affected because some people like us are not received well in the general public hence it's harder for us to find even a fling.

Why did you go into business?
I was born with it. I might as well die with it.

What kind of answer is this?

Give me a thing that you hate?
This interview. (Don't know if it's a joke since Mr. Black said this with a straight face)

Oh god. Typical Mr. Black.