13

Chapter 13

"Michael? Michael Flynn?" I just noticed that I was inside the building when someone called my name. A familiar girl was now standing in front of me. I still can't get over the fact that Mr. Black smiled and thanked me for bringing him coffee. 

"It's me! Janice!" she introduced herself when she noticed that I was trying to remember her face. Oh yeah. Janice. Now I remember her. She used to be my seatmate in freshmen high school. She had gained a little weight and she looks like she needed some sleep. "I didn't know you live here..." I felt my phone vibrate and so I brought it out and I saw that I received a text message.

From: MJBlack

I'm sorry if I treated you like shit today. 

By the way, good job with  the MOM.  

I almost wanted to jump with joy after reading the text. What in the world is happening? Why is Mr. Black suddenly becoming so nice? 

"Is that okay?" Janice asked me. I just knew she was saying something while I was preoccupied with Mr. Black but my mind never absorbed what she just said. "Please Michael?" What's okay? What does she need? I was thinking of saying no but then I felt a little bit of pity because she really looked like a lot of things are going on with her life. Plus she really looks desperate.

"Uh. Okay?" I decided to agree to whatever she just said. I'm ashamed to admit that I was not listening to what she was saying.

"Oh my God. Thank you! Thank you! Oh you are a life saver." She hugged me with great joy before she went inside her unit. I have no clue why I made her day. I also didn't know she was my neighbor. Whatever I have agreed to I hope it's not trouble. What if I just sold my sold to the devil?

-------------------------------- 

It's still early in the morning but I heard a loud knock from my door. I ignored it at first because I was not expecting a visitor but then it was followed by a continuous knock. 

"Who is it?" I asked while I walked groggily to the door.

"It's me. Janice." Oh god. What does she need? I opened the door revealing herself... and a little kid beside her.

"Here's Alexander. I'll be back by six. Thank you so much for agreeing to babysit him even with a short notice." Oh. So that's what I agreed to last night. "I want you to behave baby. Love you." she said to his son before thanking me again. It's too late now to say no. She was so grateful and happy. I mean what am  suppose to do? I'm not even a kid person. I don't know how to take care of them.

"So... did you have your breakfast?" I asked him once his mother left.

"Yes." he replied. Now what?

"Okay. Why don't you watch TV while I freshen myself up." I led him to one of my chair and turned the television on. I changed it to Nickelodeon before heading to the shower. I need to think about my alternatives cause I can't bring him to work.

After changing into my usual attire, I went out of the room to have my breakfast. I see he changed the channel to Discovery Channel. Good for him.

"Hey Alex. Do you want some?" I offered my daily breakfast, which is cereal, to the kid.

"No thank you." he answered without taking his eyes off the TV. I finished eating and prepared all my things before calling the kid. I also cannot leave him here. What have I myself gotten into?

"Come on Alex. Let's go." he turned off the TV and immediately went to my side. What an obedient little child. He took my hand which took me by surprise and so for the whole trip, he was either clutching my hand or holding on to my pants.