20.6

Chapter 20  (Part six)

The priest was doing his sermon but I was spacing out the moment we sat down for homily. My mother who was a devout catholic lightly slapped my leg twice to revert my attention back to God. I fixed my position to make it seem like I was listening intently to the priest but my mind was still in other place.

Hector was left at the house. It was amazing really that my parents entrusted him a key to our house in case he would decide to go somewhere else. 

What happened last night was still replaying in my mind. There is something about Hector that wants me to be closer to him. Charisma is truly oozing from his body and his visitation has offered some interesting moments from my humdrum life. 

The mass ended and after having a brief conversation with their friends outside the church, we were finally on our way back home which made me indeterminably exhilarated. I must have been bored for far too long that I want to spend my time to this excitement as much as possible until it last.

When we reached home, I acted casual but I was the first one to get off the car. I twisted the doorknob to open it but it was locked.

"Oh honey. Let me get that." my mother offered and used her key to open the door.

I was disappointed to see no one in the house. Hector is not here right now. Why did I even expect. He probably got bored at home doing nothing.

I went to my room and decided to do what I think is one of my talents which is drawing. I convinced myself that I did it to improve my craft but I knew deep inside that I chose to draw because my desk is in front of the window wherein I can anticipate our guest's arrival. Once in a while I would crane my neck to check if he already arrived.

I saw someone getting nearer our house but he was on a bike. Is that him? I looked closer to investigate. It is him! Where did he get that bike?

I jumped from my seat and ran downstairs feeling like Christmas to welcome him.He was just steeping out of the bicycle when I reached him.

"Nice ride. Where did you get it?" 

"Well... I went to by to Rick's to see how my car's doing and since it's punishing to walk from this sweltering heatwave, I decided to buy this second hand bike so I can use it to go back instead of walking." he replied.

"Are you still up for a trip to the lake?" I asked. I really hope would say yes.

"Sure. Can I have a glass of water?"

"I'll just get some supplies and I'll be back." I went to the kitchen to get us some sandwiches. I also grabbed some camping stuff. After packing everything in a small string bag,  I went out back to bring out my bike. I found Hector resting on our porch. I gave him a bottle of water.

He looks at my bike with amusement. "Cool. You also have a bike. I expected we would be walking again." 

We rode on our bike and off we went to Lake Calico. The large and tranquil lake at the end of the river which is also one of the hidden gems of Carmona Rosa.

"This is nice." Hector said, sincerely entranced by the brilliantly blue water.

I parked my bike to a nearby tree. "Did you know that it was named Calico lake because if you would observe the lake at a distance it looks like it has three colors?"

"Really? What colors?"

"Red, brown and blue. The reddish hue is located near the river where the water reflects the trees. Blue pigment created by the sky where the water's deep and lastly, the color brown. Thanks to our clear waters the rocks and ground is visibly seen." I pointed at the different parts of the lake. "If you think about it, it represents three layers of the earth: the ground, the plants and the sky."