7

Chapter 7

The sound of the kitchen utensils woke me up. A blanket was wrapped over me but I don't remember going to sleep with a blanket. The last thing I remember is saying good night to Mr. Black. It's either he has a bit of concern for me or I got the blanket somewhere without me remembering it. I strongly believe it was the second one. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the lights are on. I sometimes do things in the middle of the night without me remembering the act that I did.

Speaking of remembering things, I recall doing embarassing things last night. Falling on Mr. Black's arms, dancing foolishly in front of Mr. Black and lastly, accepting his invitation to sleep in his apartment. I would never do that. Not if I'm sober. Now I have to face him before work. And where would I change my clothes and take a shower?

And now I have to pee. I explored my eyes on the wide apartment but I can't seem to locate where the bathroom is. There's just too many doors! Now I have to face the inevitable. I have to ask Mr. Black.

I stood up and fixed the blanket before putting it on top of the sofa. I followed where the sounds come from until I reached the kitchen.  Mr. Black is currently busy cooking and his back is facing me.

Uhmm. How can I interrupt him? My bladder's gonna explode soon.

"Ahhh. Sir," I said in a timid voice but he didn't hear what I said. I was about to call his attention again when I suddenly have the urge to sneeze.

"Achoo!" This time it caught his attention. He turned around to see where that horrible sound originated.

"Sir, I would like to—" oh god here it goes again. "Achoo!"

"Bless you." He said dryly.

"Sir, I would like to—" I can feel another one coming. I waited but then nothing happened.

"Yes? You would like to?"

"I would like to ask if I may use your bathroom, sir."

"Yes. You may." I waited for him to tell me where the toilet is located but he faithfully answered my question. Now I'm facing his back again.

"Uhm. Where is it located sir?"

"First door to your left."

"Thank you sir."

I went to my left and found the door to the bathroom. I took a second look inside before entering because it doesn't look like a bathroom. His toilet looks better than my room. After doing my business, I decided to snoop inside his bathroom. I'm not a creep or anything but I just wanted to know more about my robot boss. What brand of shampoo does he use etcetera etcetera? And mainly because I am so bored.

I found nothing.

Literally nothing. That guy is the real creep here. The shampoo is placed inside a gray dispenser. The hand wash is the same. And you can't even distinguish the smell, it smells plain. Not the usual scent you buy like oranges, citrus, or any other fruit in the world. Obviously this is not his main bathroom but I wonder if I can see at least just a bit of human side of his. Maybe I'll find a brandless shaving kit, a nameless soap, an unnamed hair products. Jesus. How uptight is this guy?

I was about to wash my face when I saw a trail of dried saliva on my mouth down to my chin. Fuck! So that's why Mr. Black was looking at me with an odd look in his face. I wonder if I left evidence on his couch pillow? I really hate myself right now.

I washed my face and tried to freshen up even though I will still look like shit. Then I went out of the bathroom before he would even question the length of time I spent in his lavatory. A man who spends a  lot of time in the bathroom is questionable if you know what I mean. I went back to the kitchen to say goodbye but he's no longer there.

And then I remembered, what if he is some kind of psycho and this is just a bait to kill me? Then Fuck! I remembered when Lana Winters was trapped in Dr. Threadstone house. That shit was creepy af.

"There you are." I almost jumped when I heard a rough voice behind me. I tried to act normal as if I was never rattled by his presence.

"Yes sir. I will be going now."

"I prepared a breakfast for two. You should eat here then we'll go to the office together." That sounds more like a command and not a suggestion.

"Thank you for the offer sir but I also need to take a shower and change my clothes."  I reasoned out.

"You can borrow some of my clothes." He replied sounding aggravated. He really can't take no as an answer.

"But we're not the same size sir. You're taller and..." Bigger? How can I say this? "More muscular..." I'd like to say brawny but thay sounds extreme.

And he's back again with his silence. I am starting to realize that he does that to indimidate a person. Of course who wouldn't be intimidated to him? That's his special talen. Now, he's waiting for me to agree or make compromise that would make him happy.

"Okay. I'll stay here for breakfast but I'm gonna go home and change." I finally said as a last resort.

"Okay." His reply tends to be really laconic at all times. You really can't point if he's angry or not because of his aloofness.

He led me to the dining area where a breakfast have been served. We sat and started to eat what he had prepared. It was the usual thing you eat for breakfast. Bacon, eggs bread and some vegetables. I can't concentrate eating because we're facing each other and everytime he glances at me I can't help but feel conscious about everything. Am I chewing too loud? Does my mouth look big if I open my mouth to swallow the food? Am I eating too fast?

It is this time that I realized that he was wearing a plain white shirt, not the usual suit and tie that I always see during the day. He looks so normal that I can see his strong jaw being emphasized everytime he chews his food, the five o'clock shadow of his beard which complements his jawline that makes him look so ruggedly handsome. It's not surprising that he was offered to become an actor and a model because right now, looking at him feels like I'm watching a commercial.

"Take a picture. It lasts longer." I bowed my head in embarrassment. I didn't know I stared at him for too long.

At last we're done. That took a lot  longer than I thought. Now I don't know what to do. Do I need to wash our dishes? Because you know, he prepared everything and he is after all my boss. I think it's unnatural to let my boss wash the dishes that we used. Gah! Stop overthinking Mike! He invited you to eat. You declined. He insisted. Period! Just get the hell out of the devil's lair and go home. But then what if this is just a test? Is he trying to see if I have the initiative to wash the dishes? Then I think I have to...

"Thank you for the food and accommodation sir. I'll see you soon." Was what I said before standing. Shit. I chose the wrong path.

Once I turned my back to him I cringed so hard at my decision. What was that? Mr. Black didn't say anything but I can feel his piercing stare behind my back. I contemplated whether to retract my decision or not but I finally reached the door to his apartment so I guess there's no turning back.

Last night and this morning is weird. I didn't expect Mr. Black to be  welcoming, if that term is even applicable to him. I really think this is just a part of a bigger plan.

Be aware. Be aware.