20.2

Chapter 20 (Part two)

"So we've got a guest upstairs? There's some Hector written on the guest logbook." my mother asked me as she puts down the pan of eggs.

"We sure do. He's a last minute guest. Just in time before I closed the doors." I replied. "Oh and by the way, that's his car across the byway." I said and took a piece of bread and filled it with peanut butter as if that was a normal breakfast conversation.

"That crumpled red car?" my dad interjected.

"Uh-huh." 

"What happened?" my mother asked with concern in her voice.

"I don't know really. I just went out after I heard a faint crash outside."

"I told you I heard a sound last night." my mother nudged my father to prove her point that she didn't imagined things like what my father used to say when she's paranoid. "I hope he's alright."

"Yeah. He's fine, just a little cut on the head."

"Such a shame for his car. It really looks expensive." my father chimed.

"Danny!" mother scolded him for his lack of concern. "Is he not coming down for breakfast?" 

"I don't know. He's pretty tired last night." not to mention, drunk.

"Well you should send him his breakfast. It would be a waste if it would get cold." she prepared a platter of breakfast foods before handing me a tray of it complete with utensils and coffee.

"I don't think he would like to be disturbed." I reasoned out. I'm uncomfortable of barging in his room if he's  still sleeping. That would be rude.

"Nonsense! This would make him feel better if he's exhausted last night." she really wanted me to bring his food upstairs that I have got no other choice but to carry the tray to his room.  When I reached the front of his room, I took the tray down and knocked on the door.

"Room service!" I said in a loud voice. I don't know why I chose that word even though we're not in a hotel setting. It's really my first time bringing the breakfast to a room. Usually, the guest would come down to the dining area and we would be the one to serve them.

"Come in!" I heard Hector say inside. I opened the door first before carrying the tray up.

"Oh I'm sorry. Is this not a good time?" It looks like he just came out of the shower and he only got a towel wrapped around his waist.

"No, it's alright." he replied as he wipes his hair with another towel. I stood there like a frozen statue admiring his lean and muscular body. It just dawned on me that we had a young and attractive guest when I saw his body on broad daylight. Considering that he's rich too, I bet he is popular with the ladies.

"You can leave it on the table." he said when he noticed that I just stood there in the middle of the room. I shook my head to stop myself from further embarrassing myself and placed the tray on the bedside table.

"Thank you."  he sounded cheerful today comparing to his self yesterday.

"You're welcome." I said before hastily leaving the room. 

I continued to feast on my breakfast before returning to our mini reception area. I still need to charge him for his stay and I need to take an eye on him before he leaves. Not that I think he's gonna take-off and run but you'll never know. You really can't trust anybody.

Finally, I heard some footsteps coming down the staircase so I prepared the guest folio.

"Hector." I called him but he continued to walk towards the door. "Mr. Montgomery!" I raised my voice a bit and that's when I got his attention.