15

Chapter 15

There is a heavily damaged car in front of me with the color of blood which contains a wounded man inside. I reached out to him to see if he's still alive and that's when he opened his eyes.

He's very much alive!

----

"You're dreaming again." Mr. Black said. It is the first thing that I heard when I woke up. Where are we? I looked behind the back seat and I saw Alex peacefully sleeping. Right. We went on a trip to the amusement park and I feel asleep during the trip back.

"What's with the bad dreams?"

"What made you say that?"

"It's not the first time that I saw you this restless." Right. I was dreaming again when we went to that bar.

"I don't know. It's been years when I had those nightmares. Can I open the window?" He gave granted request and the way the cold air touched my face has never felt so good before.

"Have you tried seeing a doctor?"

"You mean a psychiatrist? It's not that bad. I'm just having some flashbacks now. I don't know why." Plus I don't want to spend a hundred dollars an hour for some conversation. It's not like I dream everyday.

"Then why are you frightened with your flashbacks? Were you abused or something?"

"No. It's nothing like that at all. I just don't want to talk about it. Like an embarrassing moment in your life. Thank you for your concern anyway sir."

"I'm more concerned about having a deranged person as a secretary."

"Sure. Same thing."

After a few minutes more of silence and we arrived in front of my building. It is safe to assume that I no longer need to return to the office because: A. It's near the end of my shift and B. We're here. I went out of the car and carried Alex who's still lifeless from sleeping.

"Thank you sir. See you tomorrow." I said to him before I closed the door to the backseat. However just as I'm about to enter the building I heard him shout from a distance.

"What do you mean see you tomorrow? I'll wait for you."

Crap. I walked back to the car to speak with him.

"I thought..." You know what? I shouldn't bother. I can't argue with this guy.

"You though what?" he shot back.

"Nothing sir. Aren't you tired from driving?" Goodness me. I forgot he had a driver. "You know what, let me just drop him home then we'll go."

"Don't bother. I'll just move the meeting tomorrow. I've had enough trouble for today." then he closed the window. The end. Now I have a kid to return to his mother. Of course, Janice was thankful for the help and she apologized again for the short notice. She took Alex in my arms and I watched her carry her son into his bedroom. I wonder what it would feel like if I had a kid.

------

"We gotta go." Mr Black said. I grabbed my essentials and followed him into the elevator. We are going to a personal meeting with Mr. Mason tonight at the Foreground bar. I was told it was the meeting which was cancelled yesterday so it was rescheduled today.

"You're driving?" I asked when we got to the parking lot. The limo is not present today and usually when Mr. Black drinks or go to the bar, a driver is always waiting.

"Any objections? Do you want to do the driving."

"No, sir." I shook my head in disagreement. I don't even know how to drive a car.