Chapter 1: Rough Beginning

Mary Wight is a rebellious young woman who hates her strict Catholic parents. She really hates her name. Her younger brothers followed their parents' rules and turned against Mary. She is a metalhead and a goth.

When she was a young girl, as her family walked in the park and she saw the group of metalheads. She found it interesting and her mum grabbed her wrist and told her off for looking at Satan Worshippers

When she was eleven years old when she started secondary school, she bumps into a fellow class mate called Kyle Brookes. He is a metalhead and lonely. During breaktimes, she saw him sat on a bench, headphones on playing metal music. 

One day, she sat beside him and talk about each other. Kyle asked Mary as he hands his headphones to her, 'Wanna listen?' 'Sure.' She quickly replied. As she put the headphones on, he pressed play and the loud metal music came on. At first, she didn't approve it and then, she headbanged to the beat of the drums. 'Who is playing?' She asked him. 'It's Metallica.' He answered. She heard about them, but never listen to the music, because of her parents ban it. She takes the headphones off her head and thanked Kyle for sharing the music to her. 'Do you want to have my CDs to listen?' He asked Mary. 'Um, no. I would love to but, it's my parents. They disapprove metal music. Or they called it Devil's Music.'

'They'll be fine.'

'They won't and don't want to understand! They are super strict Catholics! They are narrow-minded and prejudiced against anything!' She shouted. Kyle realised the situation. 'I'm sorry, Mary. I understand now.' He apologised. She accepted it. Then she asked him a question. 'What are your parents like?' 'Oh. They are nice, respectful and laid-back. They are very open-minded.' He answered. She began to like Kyle as a friend. Then, the school bell rang. They stood up and Kyle said to her, 'See you at lunch.' 'Okay. See ya.' She replied. As she went into a lesson, she got a text from her dad. I got a surprise for you, when you're at home. She locks her phone and start the lesson.

At lunch time, Mary sat on a bench waiting for Kyle. She heard him, screaming and panting of running fast. He ran towards her and stopped. 'They are gonna get me.' He panted. She saw the group of bullies charging towards them. 'Stay behind me. I'll take care of this.' She ordered Kyle. He does as she said and the bullies stopped and demanded Mary. 'Give me that twerp and we'll pay you.' 'I don't think so. Nobody messes with me.' She turns around and saw Kyle scared in fear of the bullies. She looked back at them and the tall, blond, blue-eyed bully demanded louder for everyone to hear. 'I said, GIVE ME THAT BOY!' 

She took a deep breath and screamed in a demonic voice. 'YOU ARE GOING TO HELL FOR THAT!' They pulled their shocked faces, screamed and ran. Her head pounded in pain as she put her hand on her forehead. 'Are you alright?' Kyle asked her. 'Uh.... I'm fine. I-I think.' She answered.

After school finishes, Mary and Kyle walked to the school gates, talking. Kyle's dad arrived, waving at him. They walked towards him and Kyle greeted his dad with a hug. 'Dad, this is my new friend, Mary.' Kyle introduced her to his dad. 'Nice to meet you.' He shook Mary's hand. Kyle told his dad about her began to like metal music and Kyle's dad said, 'Well, another friend that slowly began to like metal, will stay friends forever.' He's right. They smiled and laughed quietly. Then, Mary's mum yelled at her in the car, 'MARY! COME HERE THIS INSTANT!' Mary's heart jumped and her body shook. 'I have to go now. My mum is VERY strict. See you tomorrow, Kyle.' 'See ya.' He waved goodbye. She ran to her mum's car and went in. 'How's school, sweetie?' She asked Mary. 'It's fine, mum. I made a friend today.'