Chapter 21: Dark Lords' Battle Line Part 1

Suddenly, thousands more guards and warriors charging at Ghost. Holly turned into a demon for her warrior mode. Everyone formed in a circle and they charged to the guards.

Ophelia returned and kicked Melody's face. 'That is for breaking Papa's heart! And everyone's dreams!' She shouted at Melody.

Melody got up, grip Ophelia's hair and shouted at her, 'Don't mess with my power!' Ophelia grinned, blinked and her eyes changed to red. Melody let go the grip and freaked out, once again.

Satan gripped Melody's throat, lift her up and she gasped for air. 'You are punished for your actions. Judge Belial charged you to be in the Abyss for all eternity.' Satan ensured Melody and she kicked Ophelia's stomach.

Ophelia groaned in pain and ran away from Melody. She ran down the stairs, Special throw her sword to her and she caught it. Then, she blocked the axe attack from the guard.

Melody gasped and ran to the door, but somehow it quickly slammed shut. She turned around and saw Alpha with his hand out. She got angry, grabbed her staff, pointed at him and shouted a spell. 'Cruciatum hostibus!'

Alpha screamed in agony. Papa heard his scream and saw him, on the floor with his hands on his head. As he about to run towards Alpha, another scream from Air. He was shot in his left leg by a bullet.

Ophelia knows that her vision had five Nameless Ghouls dead. Kyle shot 13 knights in the head and quickly ran to the stairs. He was stopped by the big, buff guard with a massive morning star. Kyle gulped and legged it. 'Fuck!' He screamed as he stopped with another guard blocked him. Kyle don't know what to do.

Air noticed Kyle is in trouble. He draws the arrow, aim at the big guard's head and shot it. He still felt the pain on his leg from the bullet. He draws another arrow with his tolerance of pain and shot the other guard.

Kyle smiled at Air and nods to thank him. As Air smiled, suddenly the spear went right throw his chest. Kyle gasped and pulled his shock face as Air was plundered by the spear. Air gasping and the guard quickly pulled it and throw Air to the floor with a smirk.

'You bastard!' Kyle screamed, jumped to the ground floor and ran to Air. Kyle grip Air very tight and stuttered, 'P-Please. D-Don't die.' As Kyle looked at Air's chest, he saw the thick black substance and notice is that is the powerful illegal drug. Melody will pay for this! Kyle screamed to himself.

'Y-Y-Y-You have to be strong. Always have me in my heart.' Air whispered in his raspy voice. Kyle cried and hugged Air, tight. Then with a faint breath, Air dies.

Kyle wailed and Papa's heart sunk. Ophelia saw Kyle, devastated. She detects the black substance and it's Djekghedon. A powerful drug that anyone with resurrection powers can't return the dead to life.

Ophelia look up at Melody. She smirked at Ophelia and ran to Omega. Ophelia ran as fast as she could. As Melody half way to Omega, Earth swing his hammer and hit her knee.

She screamed and laughed. Earth looked confused and suddenly, the arrow shot through his neck. The arrow has got Djekghedon all over. Holly heard Earth's gasps and ran towards them.

Melody pointed the staff at her and Holly fly across the grand hall to the window. It shattered to Holly's back. She screamed in pain and despair.

Earth collapsed to the floor, dead. Ophelia had enough with Melody's sneaky plan. 

Then, without anyone notice, Water's head has cleaned off. Simon carefully watch his step and his foot touch a head. He looked down and screamed. 'WATER!'

Naomi's head up and hold her tears. She wants to cry but she has to continue fighting.

Alpha and Omega bumped into each other and been surrounded. The guards had guns with Djekghedon bullets. Omega got a bad feeling about it. Alpha tried his telekinesis on the guards, but they won't budge. The guns clicked and set aim at Alpha and Omega.

Papa saw them trapped and used his sonic scream to make the guards move. No luck. Ophelia and Papa make eye contact and use sonic scream together. It worked. The guard covered their ears and been pushed aside.

Alpha swing his axe to chop few guards' arms off and Omega throw his daggers to several guards' head and instantly die.

Melody doesn't like the way they didn't follow her rules. She lifted her staff and tortures Omega and Alpha. They screamed in agony and two guards plunged the sword through their chests from behind.

'NOOOOOOOOO!' Special screamed his lungs out when Alpha and Omega been bled to death and they collapsed. Ophelia ran to them after she slashed the guard.

Papa protected Special by block the guard's axe attack with his staff.

Ophelia kneel with Alpha and Omega. She cried not to cry and Omega rasping to her with a little breath. 'I-It's okay t-to cry, Ophelia. It's your destiny to change Ghost.' Ophelia looked confused. 'What does that mean?' 'I-I had a d-dream of me, well all of us ghouls in spirit that e-everything will c-c-change. Y-You will understand.' Omega slowly explained to her.

Alpha reached his hand to grab her arm. She turned her head to Alpha and he said his last words before he dies. 'It's for us in your memory. You'll never forget us.' His arm dropped and died of blood loss with Djekghedon on the blade.

Ophelia cried and Omega comfort her. 'It's okay. You'll see us in spirit. You still got the gift.' Lilith whispered in Ophelia's head. I know it's hard to let go. It's Djekghedon that Melody used to get revenge for being betrayed. Let us deal with her. Ophelia nods and looked at Omega for the final time before to took his last breath.

With tears streaming down her face, she grabs her sword, stood up and look directly at Melody in the centre on the grand hall. 'What are you gonna do? Save your fiancé and friend? Let's find out.' Melody smirked and pointed her staff to Papa and Special. But with Ophelia's quick thinking, she looked at them and use her psychic shield to protect them from the torture spell.

Melody got shocked and look at Ophelia. She got angry and shouted, 'Don't change the rules, bitch!' Suddenly, Melody throws a dart to Ophelia in a flash.

As Ophelia tried to dodge it, but somehow Melody make Ophelia not moving with the magic staff. The dart directly hit Ophelia's neck. She felt the agonising pain and tried to lift her arm up.

Melody stopped her magic and Ophelia fell to the floor. Melody cackled and Ophelia had enough of this madness.

She removes the dart off her neck and take a closer look. It had dark jade substance. Then, her vein started to burn and she hold her scream. She looked at Melody as she approaching to Papa and Special.

Ophelia slowly stood up and shouted at Melody. 'Do you think that I'm weak?! Do you think I'm a coward?! And do you think you can take something away from me?! I don't fucking think so!'

With her heartbeat getting slower, she took a deep breath and use her sonic scream to make the grand hall rumble like an earthquake.

***What would Ophelia do the get justice? What she would do with the drug in her veins at slowly killing her? Stay tuned for the next chapter.***