Chapter 6: Warrior Training

Next day, after they had lunch, they been instructed to meet Papa and the ghouls at the crypt. They are at the crypt and saw Papa in his suit and the ghouls stood in line behind him. Ophelia felt worried and Kyle hugged her. Papa raised his arms and greeted them. 'Welcome, you two. To your training class.' He took a step forward and clapped his hands. The crypt suddenly, lit up by candle light and it looks like a dojo in Ghost style.

Papa walked to the shrine of the girl. 'This is where Cirice, train for her powers to fight against evil. She was our god-daughter, until she died from my enemy. Her last wish was to name the crypt after her and make her the Saint of Combat and Magic.' He revealed the story of Cirice. Ophelia's jaw dropped and she thought it was just a song. Papa walked toward them and take Ophelia by the hand. He leads her to the weapon room. She saw tons of weapons around the room. 'Choose whatever weapon you desire.' He instructed her. She looked around and she saw knives, guns, spears and loads more. But one weapon that caught her eye, a big knight's sword. She picked it up and felt the weight of it. I think it's time for a woman to use this weapon for a change, she thought to herself.

She walked to Papa and he said, 'Excellent. Kyle, pick a weapon, that you like.' He went in the weapon room, scanned them and he instantly picked up two hand guns. 'Is that necessary, Kyle?' Ophelia asked. He sighed, 'I find it boring to use the weapon that involves a lot of work on strength.' 'Fair enough, Kyle.' Papa agrees. They walked back to the dojo and Papa give them tips about combat and superpowers. 'Now, then. Those weapons you use, will evolves physical combat and also your powers. Nameless Ghouls will be your teachers. Alpha and Omega are professional fighters. Water, Earth and Air will help you two use your superpowers.' The ghouls bowed to Ophelia and Kyle. Papa sat on the chair and clapped his hands. 'Begin.'

Omega walked towards her and guided her in the corner on the crypt. Alpha guided Kyle to the pillar by the stain-glass window. Omega informed her the rules of combat. 'First rule: Never run away from your opponent. Second rule: Careful when you plan your attack, otherwise your attacker will kill you and third rule: Know the weaknesses of your opponent and use the attack to strike them down.' She nodded and shook her arms for strength.

Omega showed her the position of a sword warrior and she copied him. She lifted her sword with both hands and pointed at Omega. He lifted his sword, patiently wait for her to attack and she swing her sword at him. But he quickly dodged her attack. She quickly got into position and wait for him to attack her. Omega gripped the sword, tight and he pushed it to her. But she deflected his attack by lean back as the sword plunged above her. As she straightened her back, in her standing position and Omega swing his sword to her. She blocked his attack with her sword. They continue hitting their swords to each other. She defecting and striking Omega.

She had no idea what she's doing. As she no knowledge of defending and doing combat. Five minutes later, she strikes her sword and knock Omega to the floor. She points the sword on his neck, panting. Omega blinked few times. Ophelia helped him get up. He brushed the dust of his suit and panted, 'Wow, Sister. That's impressive. Great job.' He patted Ophelia's back and ran to Papa for the review.

Papa looked at her with a wink and she bowed to him. She looked at Kyle and Alpha practicing the combat of hand guns and Alpha about to hit Kyle with a fake gun, she put her hand out and shouted, 'Look out!' Alpha flew across the crypt with her new found telekinetic powers. He hit his back against the wall and fell to the floor, face down.

'What the fuck, was that?' Alpha groaned in pain. She gasped and apologised to him. 'I'm so sorry, Alpha. I got worried and-.' 'Don't worry, Sister. You've just unleashed your new power. That's my superpower too.' He interruptedly replied. Omega ran to him and helped Alpha get up. He leaned on Omega to support. Ophelia feel bad about it. As she looked at Alpha and she heard his voice in her head. How come she get the same power as I have. She felt confused and then, she heard footsteps loud and clear.

One minute later, the different ghoul appeared delivering the news. 'Papa, there's a letter for you. It's in angry writing.' 'Thank you, Special. I'll have a look, tomorrow.' He got up and said to Kyle And Ophelia, 'Your training is over for today. Rest and we'll train your powers, on Sunday.' As they bow to him, she suddenly got another vision of the future. There is a woman in black dress, with tattoo sleeve in both arms. The woman also got a tattoo of Omega's symbol on her neck. She ran towards Ophelia and stabs her in the heart with a big knife. Ophelia returned to present and fell to the floor. Papa ran to her and asked, 'What's wrong?' 'I...It's the vision again. B...But this time, it's a woman.' She answered.

'What does she look like?'

'She got two tattoo sleeves on her arms. I-.' Ophelia looked at Omega and added the last detail. 'She got your symbol tattooed on her neck.' He gasped and revealed the woman that Ophelia saw in her vision, 'Pandora.' Papa's eyes widened and asked him, 'Are you sure it's her?' He nodded to Papa. Ophelia got up and rub her forehead. Papa quickly left the crypt, followed by the ghouls. Just her and Kyle in the crypt.

Ophelia walked towards the shrine and looked at the painting of Cirice. She felt touched about the story. Then, she felt the presence of the spirit behind her. She quickly turned around and saw Cirice.

'Hello, Sister Ophelia. We meet at last.' She whispered. Ophelia felt the chills down her spine and got scared. She tried to speak but her nerves got into her. Cirice raises her right hand and added, 'I sense that, you get powers from your Blood Sigil. But somehow, you got more superpowers than Papa and the Nameless Ghouls. Probably the same powers that they got.'

She had no idea what Cirice is talking about. Kyle looked at Ophelia and politely ask her, 'Are you okay? You look like that so seen a ghost.' 

She froze, Kyle walked towards Ophelia and hugged her. Cirice quietly added, 'Only you can see me and other spirits. With your Blood Sigil, you can help your brother and the others in battle. I know you got visions of the future, it's because of your Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and your sigil. It's tough, I know. But, once you handled it, you'll became the great warrior that everyone will remember.' Ophelia wiped her tear, Cirice bowed and quickly disappeared.

Kyle caught her as she collapsed. As they exited the crypt, Cirice whispered to Ophelia for the final rule that Omega didn't tell her, 'One more rule for combat, is to find love in your heart and truly believe in yourself.' Ophelia remembered it.