Chapter 11: Rehearsal of the Rituals

Four days later, Ophelia is prepared for the private ritual. She is becoming as a Nameless Ghoul. Papa, the ghouls and Ophelia are in small crypt of Papa's brothers. She wore a black Nameless Ghoul suit, the Grucifix and a designed mask, especially for her. It's got all the symbols that represent Papa and the ghouls. She felt nervous about getting through this ritual. Papa wore his gown and mitre. He slowly walked towards her and whispered, 'You will do it fine, Ghuleh. Just follow our lead and you'll be like them.' She nods her head to understand.

Papa positioned her in the altar, sitting with her legs crossed. The ghouls and Papa positioned in a circle around the altar. Papa raised his arms up and prays, 'Oh Lucifer. Hear our prayer. Help us transform Ophelia, into a Nameless Ghoul. She is worthy with her powers and all of our powers. She'll help us fight the battle that we will face. She is special to us. Let her become Ghost's main warrior. nemA.' 'nemA.' The ghouls prayed in unison. 

Omega hold a knife and Alpha hold a chalice with red wine. They hand it to Papa. He hands it to Ophelia as he removes his left hand black glove. He grabs the knife from her and cut his palm. Then, he hands the knife to Alpha and goes what Papa did. Papa grab the chalice from her and put few drops of blood on the wine. The process continued around, until Omega finished with his drops of blood in the chalice. He hands the chalice to Papa. He reached the chalice to Ophelia and she grabbed it with both hands. He nods to let her know that she can drink it now. She slowly exhaled and gulp it down.

As she drank the last drop, she began shake violently in pain. She dropped the chalice, screamed her lungs out and Papa ordered the ghouls, 'Hold her down.' They nodded. Alpha hold her left leg. Water hold her left arm. Air hold her head. Earth hold her right arm. And Omega hold her right leg. She tried to speak but the pain is too much. What is this feeling? Oh my god. Not again! She thought to herself as her flashbacks appeared after few months of no flashbacks. Her tears fell down on the side of her face. Papa noticed and he climbed on the altar, on top of her. 'It's okay. Look at me. I'm here.' He softly instructed her to focus. She stares at him in fear. He stroked her cheek and gently wiped her tears away.

As Ophelia slowly stopped shaking, Water accidentally scratched her hand. She turned her head and saw Water, touch her blood. 'Oh no. Whatever you do guys, never let him go through the guilt trip phase.' She instructed them, Water kneeled down and cried. Alpha and Earth rushed to Water and hold him down. Omega used his darkness healing power to heal the scratches. She thanked him. He bowed and help Alpha and Earth. Papa helped Ophelia sat up. Water's mind is in bits. He wailed, 'Why am I here!? All of you hate me!' Alpha softly calming Water down. 'We never hate you. Ever.' 'You're lying! Get out of the way!' Water yelled, yanked off the other ghouls' grip and stormed off.

Ophelia shouted, 'Don't let him kill himself!' Papa put his hand out and Water froze in place as he about to get through the door. 'What the fuck are you doing, Papa!?' Water ordered an explanation. 'To stop you.' He quickly answered. Papa used mind control on Water. He tried to break free, but Papa is holding on. 

Then, Water broke free and Ophelia shouted, 'I don't think so, sonny boy!' She reached her arm out and swing it to the right. Then, Water flew back across the crypt. She reflexes back and Water flies above her. Water hit his back on the wall and collapsed to the ground.

He groaned in pain and suddenly, his bad thoughts have stopped. He looked confused and panted, 'What's going on?' Alpha ran to him. Ophelia covered her eyes and cried. Papa rushed to her and hug. 'Sh. It's okay. It wears off and forgot what just happened.' She slowly calmed down and smiled, slightly. She stared at her hands and twiddled her thumbs. Papa helped her off the altar. Alpha and Omega helped Water to get up and carry his arms over their shoulders. They left the crypt.