Chapter 26: Final Goodbyes

***It's gonna be the last chapter of this story. As I was writing this near the end, I'm in tears. So, prepare yourselves with tissues nearby and enjoy this final moment of Papa and Ophelia.***

In February, Papa and Ophelia are looking after little Emeritus. He's got Papa's eyes and Ophelia's smile. Ophelia felt exhausted of nappy changing and sleepless nights. Papa is the same. They went out around Linköping and little Emeritus smiled a bit with the outside world. They are happy as a family.

But, Ophelia still felt worried about the vision of Papa and his brothers' dead bodies in the morgue. She has to prepare, if it happens.

A month later, as she walked along the hallway with little Emeritus, she bumps into a Cardinal. He has got the same eyes as Papa, black painted eyes like a panda in his black cardinal cassock and biretta. He bowed to her and introduce himself. 'I'm Cardinal Copia. Nice to meet you.' She bowed her head. He reached his hand to stroke little Emeritus' cheek and whispered, 'Hello there.' Ophelia smiled and said, 'That's my son. Emeritus Charlie.' Copia smiled and nods. 'That's nice. So, Papa Emeritus III is your husband and this little guy's father?' He curiously asked her. She nods and he recall a tale. 'You are the one who saved Papa and kill the enemies to save the Ministry. Am I right?' She nods and Sister Imperator appeared behind Ophelia.

'Hello, Ophelia. I presume you have met Cardinal Copia.' Ophelia nods and Sister Imperator walked towards Cardinal and turned to Ophelia. 'He's going to be the new leader for the Ghost project.'

Ophelia got the hit from her vision. The voices saying that there is gonna be a new leader.

'Congratulations, Cardinal.' Ophelia said. He put his arm put and shake his hand. 'Just call me Cardi. Or Cardi C.' Ophelia giggled. 'Sorry. It reminds me of a female rapper.'

Ophelia cleared her childishness and apologised to Sister Imperator for the bad behaviour. 'That's fine. We get a laugh sometimes. If you excuse us, we got a meeting to go do.' Sister Imperator said. Ophelia bowed to them and they walk along the hallway, talking.

Little Emeritus started crying. Ophelia hushed Emeritus and returned to the chamber.

Papa got his black smart casual clothes on and about to head out. 'Where are you going, Papa?' She asked him. He took a deep breath and answered, 'To the gaming room. My brothers and I are playing Uno tonight. Since we are not the leaders, we play games to get closer with each other.'

She nods and she got a vision. They are playing Uno and Papa Nihil and Sister Imperator entered to deliver the news. After they left, Papa sat down looking confused and the nameless ghoul sneak up behind him and injected Papa to make him dead.

She returned to the present and collapsed to the floor with little Emeritus in her arms. Papa rushed to her and hugged them. 'What is it? You don't want me to go?' Papa asked her. She cried in shock.

Lilith whispered in Ophelia's head. You can tell him. It's gonna be his last time seeing you and Emeritus. Satan agreeing with Lilith. Yeah. We saw the meeting of Cardi with Papa Nihil and Sister Imperator. We know what they are planning.

Ophelia tried to speak but she can't. She blinked and her eyes turned red. Satan controlled her body. 'She got a vision of you and your brothers, dead. It's what your father and Sister Imperator planned to do with a new leader. As the substance in your veins that wouldn't let Ophelia bring you back from the dead. We are telling you about this.' Papa got shocked and hugged them.

Ophelia returned, sobbing. 'I was trying to tell you, but I can't. I'm sorry, Papa.' He hushed her. 'It's okay. I believe you. Well, it's gonna be our last time seeing each other.' She wiped her tears away. Little Emeritus cried and Papa whispered, 'Sh, it's okay. You'll won't know who I was, but mummy will tell you stories about us. Won't you, älskling?' She nods with tears continuing falling down.

Papa helped Ophelia up, while she still carries little Emeritus. As they hug for the last time, she whispered, 'I'll miss you. Min kärlek.' Papa pour the tear and whispered back, 'See you in spirit, ghuleh.' They kiss for the last time and Ophelia lie in the bed, taking a nap with Emeritus.

Papa thought to himself, I think, I'll write a letter to Ophelia and to Emeritus. It won't take long. He walked to the desk, grab the papers, envelopes and pen and started writing.

One hour later, a knock on the door. Papa just about to finish writing and said, 'Hold on for a second.' He finished writing, put the letters in two envelopes with Ophelia's and Emeritus' name on it and put a black wax seal on the envelopes with a grucifix mark on. He kissed them, put them on the desk, got up and walked to the door. He opened it and it's his brother, Papa Emeritus II. 'What took you so long?' 'Just sorting things out before we head off.' Papa II sighs. 'C'mon. Let's go.'

Papa and his brothers playing Uno in the room. The door creaked open and Sister Imperator said, 'Boys.' They stood up and she added the news. 'You're been re-instated. You're going back on the road.' They look at each other in confusion. Sister Imperator continues. 'You are going back in full regalia. You all going to back in the spotlight, forever.' The Papas whispering in Swedish and Sister Imperator about to exit the room by saying, 'See you later, boys.'

She closed the door and they sat back down their chairs. Papa III closed his eyes, took a deep breath and the nameless ghoul injected him and he collapsed, dead on the table. Two more nameless ghouls did the same thing with the other Papas.

Ophelia woke up from current event that she saw as Cirice, with tears streaming. She looked at Emeritus and kissed his forehead. She carried him off the bed and put him into the crib. She walked to the desk and found two envelopes for her and Emeritus. She picked her envelope, carefully lift of the wax seal, lift the letter out and it read:

Ghuleh,

Since you first came to the cathedral with Kyle, I knew you're special to me and the Ministry.

We are happy for you to help us and continue the support. We couldn't have done it without you.

I know that, it's our last time seeing each other. But that doesn't mean our love ends. We fought together and save our skins.

You always shown, how brave you are. You overcome your anxiety and PTSD, through your entire life. You can show our little Emeritus how it's done.

We created a new life. Think of me as you look at our son. He'll be a leader someday, like me.

I do hope you have a great future without me and one day, you'll return as a nameless ghoul. I believe in you. You'll enjoy it, once again.

I'll see you in spirit soon, älskling.

Love,

Papa Emeritus III

She cried and clinked the letter in her heart. She saw the letter for their son and it said: Open me at your 6th Birthday, Daddy. She wiped her tears away and saw the Gothic locket. She grab it and wore it. She walked back to the bed. She kept reading the letter and she pour the tears down her cheeks. She looked at her son and whispered, 'Daddy will be proud of you.'

She got the notebook and the manuscript out and started writing songs. She does hope she'll have a good future without Papa. She'll one day be a nameless ghoul again.

She went through a hell of a lot in her life. She was abused by her biological parents, been adopted by her best friend's parents, moved to Sweden for a fresh start, came across Ghost, suffering with anxiety and PTSD, became the member of the clergy, being a warrior and a musician, fell in love with Papa, fighting in battles, she save Papa, he saved her, friends and family supporting her, became a mother and now, a widower. Would she returned to her past and end her life before any of this happening? She doesn't think so. She is happy as is now. She wouldn't change a thing, EVER.

***(Sobbing) What an sad and happy story! (Wipe the tears away with a tissue)***

***I hope you enjoy From Sister to Ghoulette. Please, share this story to any Ghost fans that are interested in reading stories like that. This is BassGirl95, Stay metal. \m/***