Chapter 9: Ophelia's Birthday Surprise Part 1

Three months later in May, Ophelia woke up on her Birthday. She sat up and noticed, nobody is in the dormitory. She took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs to the hallway. It's deafening silent.

 As she opened the dining room door and entered, everyone jumped up and shouted, 'SURPRISE!' She jumped and felt relieved after a surprise. They rushed to Ophelia and hugged her. 'Thanks, guys.' She thanked everyone. Sister Lisa dragged her to Papa's throne and she sat down. 

As the ghouls brought out breakfast, the sisters and brothers waited in line for handing Ophelia presents. One by one, the presents she got is make-up, CDs, iTunes gift cards and gothic clothing. 

After the ghouls put the food down, they grabbed a present each and handed it to her. Special got her a box of chocolates. Earth got her an emerald necklace. Air got her gothic boots. Water got her a make-up palette. Alpha got her the medium sized grucifix pendent. Ophelia looking puzzled. And last but not least, Omega got her a silver Nameless Ghoul mask. She got confused of the last two presents. Then, the ghouls brought out a large present. She saw the card, stuck on the present. She removed it, open the envelope, open the card and it read:

Happy 21st Birthday, Ghuleh.

I hope this present will be useful, very soon.

Love P.E.

She still felt confused and she unwrapped the present. It's a guitar gig bag. She knows what it is. She unzipped the gig bag, took a peek and she cried of joy. She took it out and it's a Epiphone Thunderbird Gothic bass. She put it on her leg, out her hand on the pocket of the bag, grab a pick and played Con Clavi Con Dio for a bit. Ophelia loved her present. She put it down and they start to eat breakfast. 

Papa arrived in his suit. He walked towards Ophelia and he kissed her in the lips. He sat beside her and he reached the plates to get food. She whispered in Papa's ear. 'Thanks for the present, Papa. I love it.' He smiled and whispered back. 'I knew you'll love that. I saw you, playing it at the guitar shop, few months ago through the soul link. And I thought, it would be a perfect gift for you.' She giggled and kissed him in the lips. They continued eating the birthday breakfast. Omega looked at Papa, he looked at Omega back and he nodded to tell Papa about the surprise. He whispered to Ophelia. 'After breakfast, come to my chamber and we'll talk.' She nodded her head.

They finished the breakfast, Papa and Ophelia went to his chamber. They sat down on the sofa and he sighed. 'We are going on tour soon. And I'm asking you to be a Nameless Ghoul for us.' She gasped, squealed and hugged him, tight. 'I would love to, Papa. Anything for you.' He smiled. 'That's the deal. I, Papa Emeritus III, present to you, from Sister of Sin to Nameless Ghoul. I'll set up a ritual for you, soon.'

She felt super happy about it. They hugged and snuggled on the sofa. She fell asleep and he carefully lifted Ophelia. He carried her to the bed. She snuggled the pillows and Papa lie in bed, next to her. He wrapped his arm around Ophelia and kissed her forehead. He fell asleep and hugged her tight.

Three hours later, a knock on the door. Papa slowly opened his eyes, got out of bed, and walked to the door. He opened it and it's Special. 'Hej. Got any news?' Papa asked with a yawn. Special nodded his head and answered, 'Ophelia's birthday trip to the bowling alley is in twenty minutes.' Papa remembered the plans and thanked Special. He bowed and walk along the hallway.

Papa closed the door, walked to the bed and whispered to Ophelia, 'Ghuleh, wake up. Ghuleh?' She wriggled violently in her nightmare. She cracked her eyes open and wailed of sadness. Papa jumped into bed, lay beside her and hugged her. 'Sh, älskling. It's just a bad dream. I'm here.' He hushed her cries. She slowly calms down and told him the dream. 'Whenever my blood is being touched or tasted, the person will feel guilty and having bad thoughts about themselves. It's all my fault. I'm cursed. My blood is cursed.' 'It's not your fault, Ghuleh.' He hushed her. She wiped her tears away and Papa suggested. 'Ophelia. We are going to the bowling alley in twenty minutes. Let's get dressed for the trip. Yeah?' She nodded.

They got dressed in different outfits and Ophelia put make-up on. She put pale foundation and powder on. She put black eye liner and black eye shadow. Then, she put mascara on and finally, she put crimson red lipstick on. Papa put his suit on and looked at Ophelia in her gothic clothes. 'Beautiful, älskling.' He made a comment. She smiled and thanked Papa. He holds Ophelia's hand and they exit the chamber.

The limousine is outside the cathedral and Ophelia, Papa, Nameless Ghouls, Kyle, Sister Lisa and several others climbed in. They got so excited about the bowling alley. Ophelia saw Kyle beside her, reading a book. 'What are you reading, bro?' She asked. He jumped of shock and answered, 'Governments in Religion.' 'I didn't know that you're into politics, Kyle.' She added. 'Well, I kept hearing the troubles in politics and I always say that they need to do stuff and sort it out.' He informed her. Papa nodded his head of curiosity. Papa thought to himself, He's really into that kind of stuff. I think I'll position him to Chancellor. 

They arrived at the local bowling alley. They got out of the limo, Papa and Ophelia went in front and they entered.

They set in teams of four and they started bowling. When there is a strike or a spare, everyone cheered. Then, the waiters brought the lunch down after one round. Ophelia is in the lead. 

As she sips the drink from the straw, she saw Earth sitting, alone. She walked towards him and sat down. 'Are you okay?' She quietly asked. He took a deep breath and sighed, 'Yeah. I'm uncomfortable about this. I'm fine on stage, but this. I can't cope.' 'I know how it feels. I'm like that too.' She related his feeling. He looked up and eyes widened. 'Really?' 'Yeah.' She nodded. 'Wow, Ophelia.' He gasped. 'C'mon. Let's dance with me.' She demanded, nicely. Earth stood up, Ophelia grabbed his hand and drag him to the lanes. 

They started dancing to ABBA. They sang their hearts out and dancing around during Dancing Queen. They laughed and shouted through the loud music.

You can dance

You can jive

Having a time of your life

Ooh, see that girl

Watch that scene

Dig in the dancing queen

Papa bumped into Ophelia and they dance to the rhythm. They hold hands and spin around. They fell to the floor and laughing. 

Then, everyone started to play round two. Papa is nearly won by 104 points, but Ophelia beat him with a triple strike and win by 124 points. Everyone congratulated her, and they left the bowling alley. They got in the limo and they returned to the cathedral.

Kyle walked to the library, sat on the comfy chair and continue reading the book. Papa entered the library and sat beside Kyle. 'Well, I'm considered about you change your position.' He looked at Papa with a gasp. Kyle looked at a cover he's reading, looked up and whispered, 'Are you-.' 'Yes, Kyle. I am going to make you my right-hand man.' He answered before Kyle asked the question.

Papa cleared his throat and make a change to Kyle. 'I, Papa Emeritus III, change your position from Brother to Chancellor. I'll arrange the ritual and a meeting with the clergy.' Kyle squealed, silently and bowed to Papa.

Then, Papa change the subject and asked Kyle. 'Do you enjoy the bowling party?' 'Brilliant. I'm happy that Ophelia has changed, since we got here.' Kyle answered, happily. Papa smiled. 'Now. I'm getting ready for a dinner out with our birthday girl, tonight.' 'Oh, anywhere nice?' Kyle asked, curiously. Papa hesitated and answered quietly, 'An Italian restaurant, in the centre of Linköping.' 'Ah.' Kyle realised the plan for Ophelia. Papa stood up, bowed to Kyle and left the library.