Chapter 24: Ritual in Brighton

***Yes. I meant it to put that picture there. You'll understand as this chapter goes. Bear with me.***

Papa really missed Ophelia. She is having a baby. He wondered if it's going to be.

They travel across the UK before heading to Europe. After the Birmingham ritual, they got to the coaches and the ghouls took a slumber in the bunk beds. Papa sat on the sofa, turned his laptop on and check on emails and social media. He messaged Ophelia. How's it going, Ghuleh? One minute later, she replied. Getting there. Last day in the UK tomorrow? Papa smiled and quickly reply, Yep. It's your hometown. Brighton. He looked at the new ghouls, sleeping and Ophelia messaged back. Have a good day there. There are beautiful historic buildings. Call me old-fashioned, but I love that kind of stuff. He nodded of curiosity and replied, I'll have a good walk around Brighton. Goodnight, älskling. Ophelia replied, Goodnight, Papa. Enjoy tomorrow. He smiled, turn off the laptop and sleep in the sofa.

Papa woke up at 6 in the morning. He looked out of the window and saw the countryside in the motorway as the coach drive to Brighton at sunrise. He got up from the sofa and woke the ghouls up.

They arrive at Brighton. The clergy unload the lorries and set the stage up in the Dome.

Papa got dressed in his suit and head to the stage. He looked around the stage and the auditorium and he thought to himself, Well, she's right about the historic buildings. He grabbed a mic and to a soundcheck with the ghouls.

After two-hour soundcheck, he walked around the seaside town. He took a tour around Brighton Pavilion. He fascinated by the Victorian design when Queen Victoria became the Empress of India.

Then, he had fish and chips by the beach for lunch. Different than he usually eats, but he liked it. He looked at the shops in the lanes and he really find it interesting on what a seaside town has in store.

As he returned to the Dome, he saw many people in the queue. He noticed a big woman in her early 20s, in black with gothic make-up holding a piece of cardboard, looking at it, smiling. He wondered what it is. Nobody noticed him as he walked passed to the backstage door.

As Zombi finished their set, the clergy prepare the stage. Papa did his vocal warm-ups and got dressed into his mitre and gown. He took a peak at the auditorium. He saw the same woman in the front row, smiling and showing something on the cardboard to other people and they praised her. He still wondered what it is.

The lights dimmed into darkness and the crowd cheered. The Masked Ball played with red lights beaming in the auditorium. Papa prayed for Ophelia's health and for the performance. As three ghouls walked into the stage, the crowd went wild and screaming. They started playing Square Hammer.

The woman in the front row felt happy that it is her first time seeing Ghost live since she became a fan, over a month prior. She heard of Ghost in magazines and social media, but never listen to the music. Two months ago, she watched a live stream on Twitch of JasonParadise playing Guitar Hero. As he played Cirice, it hit her soul. She researched about Ghost and listen to more Ghost songs. Then, she began hooked to them.

After Per Aspera Ad Inferi, the spotlight shone at Papa and he talk to the audience. 'Good evening.' They cheered. 'How are you?' Everyone screamed the reply. 'It is our first time, in Brighton.' A happy cheer from the audience. 'It's wonderful to see so many of you here. In this, historic building. Yes.' He looked at the woman with a cardboard, didn't see it properly and quickly thinking to himself, She's probably nervous. When the time was right. He continued talking before bringing Sisters of Sin and began to play Body and Blood.

When Cirice is about to start, the woman hit record on her phone and screamed when the intro riff played. As the ghouls about to pause, she woman screamed, 'HERE COMES PAPA!' And everyone screamed when Papa appeared. He got into the mic and sang. The woman sang along because she knows the lyrics and her favourite song. She got the perfect angle for the guitar solo, while she records the live performance. She felt happy about recorded the live performance.

Everything went well. After they play Ritual, they line up and took a bow. While ghouls throwing picks and drumstick to the audience, Papa walked to the monitor and blow kiss to the crowd. The woman took her chance and reach the cardboard up to Papa and blow kiss him. He notices her and kneel to the floor and reach it. She lunged over the barrier and shouted, 'Here you go, Papa!' He got and looked at it. It a cartoon drawing of him in his mitre and gown and the ghoul symbols around it. He shows it to the audience and he got up. He quickly looked at the back and it's a letter. He blew kiss her and she blew kiss him back. He quickly looks at it again and show it off to the audience. He put it in front of Air's platform and face the audience as they cheer.

Papa asked the audience how many of them have seen Ghost before and them haven't seen Ghost before. The woman heard the have not seen Ghost before, lifted her arms in the air and screamed the top of her lungs. Papa knows that it's her first time. He walked to the right side of the stage and talk to the female fan who never seen them before. The woman doesn't mind that.

He did the usual bit about playing the same song and consider an orgasm. 'You know, after an hour and a half of-. Like. Let's face it. We have doing it in the way.' The audience laughed. 'And, you know it's Sunday night. You can't go on too late. But, um. Still, we've been here together now. We've been sweating and-.' The woman fanned her face and thinking to herself, oh my god, it's getting sexy. Papa rubbing his stomach in a sexy way and continued, 'We have been, throwing kisses.' The woman wooed at him while still fanning her face. He looked at the same woman and cheekily said, 'I don't know about you, but I've been shaking my ass.' Everyone cheered, and she replied, 'ME TOO!' He continued talking, thanked the crowd to be in the Dome and play Monstrance Clock.

After the show, Papa and the ghouls walked to the coach and fell asleep in the bunk beds.

They head to Europe. Been to three cities and they're in Hamburg, Germany. Papa looked at the fan art and saw the drawing that the woman in Brighton gave to him. He read the letter, felt touched about her life and appreciated the support. He got the name; Chantelle and he liked the drawing. He gets someone to post that drawing on Instagram. Papa thanking her for that drawing.

Meanwhile in UK, Chantelle was at her parents' house. As she opened Instagram on her phone and saw her drawing been posted. She freaked out and she shown her parents the post. Her mum love that bands share stuff like that to the fans in social media. That make her the biggest Ghost fan ever.

***That's what happened to me. No joke. (That's my actual name, Chantelle) When I did the drawing, I thought it would be great if I give it to him. I was sooooo lucky to do that. I just want my fanfic mix with my experience at a concert and afterwards.***

***So, that's out of the way. Next chapter is where Ophelia getting though the pregnancy before Ghost return for a break. Stay tuned.***