Chapter 18: Satan's Message

Ophelia was dragged by the guard through the hallway with pain from being whipped for making a slightest mistake. Melody watched as Ophelia been thrown into a tower cell. Ophelia cried as the iron door slam shut and locked.

The other guard walked towards Melody and deliver news. 'Your majesty. There is a plan of action with Ghost. Do we need to recruit more soldiers?' Ophelia's mind suddenly back to normal when the man said 'Ghost'. She planned to pretended to be a slave for her safety. 'I think, we do need to gather more me to do the dirty work.' Melody answered as she looked at the iron door. She walked away, while Ophelia slowly calms down. She scrambled to the mattress and grab a book to read.

Meanwhile, Papa trained himself in his dojo while listening to Candlemass. He hit the dummy target with his staff to build his strength. Special entered to inform Papa the progress of the warriors. 'That's great, Special. Let Kyle know to make a plan of action with me later.' Papa instructed Special. As Special about to leave, he added. 'There is a message, somehow from Cirice in your chamber.' Papa's eyes lit up, drop the staff and ran to his chamber.

Papa rushed in to his desk and found a paper that Cirice wrote:

Guess what? Satan is protecting Ophelia from Melody and he send me that message to tell you. He knows you love her dearly.

His jaws dropped and clenched his heart. 'Oh my god. I can't believe it.' His tears went pour down his cheeks and tried to calm his shock down. A knock on the door and Omega entered. He saw Papa muffling his cries and asked him, 'Are you okay, Papa? What wrong?' 'It's Ophelia. Cirice send a message from Satan that he's protecting her.' Papa explained. Omega's eyes widened and said, 'Unholy shit. That's great news.' They hugged each other and Papa cried. Omega hushed Papa's cries. They let go and walked to Kyle's office to deliver the news. 

Kyle jumped for joy and shouted, 'I couldn't believe it! I hope she's alright.' 'I hope so too.' Papa replied.

Next day at the Libido Furorque Kingdom, Ophelia read books that whatever Melody disagrees and her believes. She looked outside through a small barred window to see the lamplit streets. People talking and walking. 

Then, she felt an evil, but friendly presence behind her. She quickly turned around and saw the devil in his ripped royalty clothes with a crown on his head. He bowed to her and introduced himself. 'I'm Satan. One of the dark lords that Ghost prayed for.' Ophelia's mouth dropped and froze in fear. He stepped forward and apologised, 'I am so sorry to scare you, Ophelia. But, I'm here to tell you that, your fiancé and his army are coming to rescue you.' She tried to speak, but she couldn't.

'I know it's a shock. My brothers, sister and I were talking about you for the past fifteen years. We saw your future with Ghost. Remember when you protect Kyle from the bullies and you got a throbbing headache after you shouted?' He asked her. She nodded and he explained. 'We did that to show them fear. We are your demonic version of guardian angels. When you were a small child and saw a group of metalheads. You were a curious child and we thought we'll look after you, until you were ready to like metal music.'

She still froze in place and her memories came back of the things happening before she began to like metal music. She remembered the man in his 40's bump into her in the street and he gave her the Kiss badge quickly before her biological mum shouting and screaming at the man and snatched Ophelia away from him. 

Another memory is when she was 8 years old, she visited her cousin for the day. When her biological parents are chatting with her deeply religious auntie, her cousin Kate secretly show her the memoirs of her brother. He died during the car crash with Kate's dad on their way to see Iron Maidan few years back. She tried to give it to Ophelia (or Mary back then) the Motörhead logo patch. But she wouldn't take it and Kate insisted. Ophelia collected metal stuff in the secret box in the drawer full of girly stuff. But she couldn't remember those events until now.

Ophelia returned to the present with memories, looked at Satan and asked him, 'Do you really do that? Only for me?' He nodded. 'We know you are special for us. But back then, you didn't even notice.' Ophelia smiled and sighed. 'That's why, then. All these years. I always wonder, why I get dreams of you and your brothers and sister are look frightening, but very friendly to me.' He smirked, 'As many religious people like your biological parents are thinking that, us devils are evil. But we do that to scare them. But people like you, don't give a shit what other people think.' They laughed.

Then, she heard the footsteps from the hallway door, ten metres away. She gasped, grab a book and jump into the mattress. Satan walked to Ophelia, place his hand on her shoulder and whispered, 'Remember, I'm here to protect you. I've let Cirice know what's going on and Papa is thrilled to heard you name.' She thanked him, he disappeared into the black smoke, the door unlocked and Melody entered with a tray of food.

She put it in the middle of the cell and whispered, 'You'll need it. More work to be done.' Ophelia scrambled across the floor and eat the bread and ham. Little did she know, she was drugged. Her mind turned mindless and obedient once again. 'Now, come with me and clean my throne.' Melody ordered Ophelia. She bowed, stood up and exit her cell.

Ten minutes later, Ophelia was pulled into the cell from her punishment, yet again for misunderstood Melody's orders. The guard slam the iron door shut and lock it. She crawled to the mattress and muttering to herself.

Few minutes later, a different demon appeared with wings, tail and horns. He wore the Ghost t-shirt, jeans and boots. He looked at her and sighed, 'I knew that drug is lethal. I'm gonna tell the others about this.' Then, another demon appeared. An elegant woman in her snake jumpsuit, high-heels, long wavy blond and snake inspired make-up. 'We'll tell the others together, Beelzebub.' She said, patted his shoulder. 'Let's go, Lilith. Before she-.' 

Ophelia slowly grunts as her mind has returned, with a confused look. 'What happened?' Beelzebub and Lilith gasped and he spoke, 'You've been... drugged. It's illegal.'

Ophelia didn't get it at first, then she remembered Kyle reading about the demonic law and told her the illegal things like certain activities have banned, drugs and certain alcohol that outlawed and the crimes that against the government with charges and punishments. 

'H-How?' 'We're about to tell our brothers about it and what to do.' Lilith explained. Ophelia tried to calm down but her anxiety went through the roof. Lilith walked to the mattress, sat down and hugged Ophelia. 'Go and tell the others about the news. I'll be with you in a minute.' She ordered Beelzebub. He bowed and disappeared into a black smoke.

Lilith rocked Ophelia and sang a Ghost tune, softly.

Putrefaction

A scent that cursed be

Under coat of dust

From the darkness

Rise a succubus

From the earthen rust

Ophelia slowly calm down and thanked Lilith. 'You're welcome, sweetie.' She smiled. Lilith let go of Ophelia and whispered, 'When the decision is set, I'll come back with Satan and tell you what's gonna happen. Okay?' Ophelia nods. Lilith stood up from the mattress, turned around, curtsied to Ophelia and puffed into smoke and disappeared. Ophelia reached a book and continued reading.

***What would Lilith and her brothers plan for her future this time? Can they help her, to get thought her battles? See the next chapter to find out.***