Chapter 16: New Danger

Next morning, Ophelia woke up with a hangover and remembered last night. She had a great time, partying. She is never a party person. But with that environment, she felt confident.

Suddenly, she saw the vision. She saw the woman as a queen. She ordered the men to kidnap Ophelia and make her a slave. Ophelia returned to the present and get goose bumps. Papa quickly woke up as he felt her emotion in his heart. 'What is it, Ghuleh?' 'I......I think there is a new enemy ahead. A woman. A queen. Wanted me to be her slave.' He looked panicky and asked her, 'What does she look like?' She got the woman in description. 'She had glowing red eyes. She got the beauty spot on the corner of the left eye. Dark make-up and dark forest-like dress. She got the crown with rubies and molten rocks. And she got a grucifix tattoo on her right calf.'

Papa widen his eyes and sighed the name. 'It's Melody Bloodworth.' He continued with the story. 'She was a Sister of Sin while my brother, Papa Emeritus II was running as Pope. She respecting us and one day, she broke the clergy rule.' 'And what is it?' Ophelia asked him. He replied with a deep, husky voice, 'Thou shalt not make a vengeance. She disappeared for six months and return with a machine gun and trying to kill us.' Ophelia gasped, 'Why would she do that?' 'She said that she had Papa's baby and had a miscarriage by Alpha given an order to do that.'

'Does your brother do that?'

'No. He'll never do that. He was happy to be a dad, but he was devastated when he heard the bad news.'

'What did he do to punish her?'

'He banned her from the clergy and send her to the mental institute.' She gasped and felt anxious. Papa hugged her and humming a tune to calm her down. She took deep breaths and said, 'I think, she probably escaped the institute and create a kingdom for herself.' 'I think you're right.' He agreed. They got out of the bed and have a bath together. They giggled and kiss each other. They got out of the bath tub and dry themselves with a towel. They got dressed and have breakfast.

Ophelia walked around the hallway and thinking about the vision. She thought about Melody and she found her good-looking. But she always doesn't like the people that looked good with mean personality. 

She bumps into Earth and Holly and greeted them. 'Hey, Ophelia.' They greeted her back. 'How's last night?' She asked them. They looked at each other and smiled. Holly spokes. 'Um. It's different. For me. I saw him and... yeah. He chose me. Hehe.' Earth scratch his head and said, 'Uh. She's a sweet girl and very kind. Thank Asmodeus for going out with lovely Sister Holly.' He looked at Holly and smiled. They hugged and touch each other with their heads. 'I'm glad that you two found each other. See ya.' Ophelia waved to them and walked away. They waved back and they kissed.

One week later, Papa is in the library with Omega, reading and listening to classical music. Suddenly, a glass smashed and a piercing scream can be heard. Papa gasped, 'Ophelia.' He stood up and ran. Omega follows. Every single one ran to the cathedral, found a rosary with a note and the stain-glass window smashed to the outside. 'Everyone! Out of the way!' Papa ordered them. He knelt down to the rosary and the note, he picked up the note, stood up and it read:

Hello Papa Emeritus III,

Your fiancé is in my hands now. You can't have her. She's mine as a slave. You'll try to save her, but it won't be that easy. Tell your brother that I missed him, dearly.

Queen Melody of Libido Furorque Kingdom

Papa collapsed to the floor and cried. Omega ran to Papa and hugged him, tight. Papa couldn't believe that Ophelia, the love of his life has been taken away from him. Kyle's heart sank that Ophelia is gone. Papa took a deep breath and shouted, 'Everyone, go to the dining room! Now!' They exit the cathedral and went to the dining room. The ghouls stay put. Papa wiped his tears away while he still crying. The ghouls hugged him and make him calm down. He thanked them for supporting him. Alpha helped Papa get up and guided him to the dining room to make a meeting with everyone from the clergy.

Meanwhile, Ophelia was placed in a small cage with metal cuffs on her wrists and ankles. She screamed her head off for demand an explanation. 'Why are you kidnapping me!? Why me!?' The guards ignored her questions. She tried to kick the bars and one of the guards injected the red substance in her neck. She began to feel drowsy and fell into a deep sleep. 

Then, she opened her eyes with a blurred vision. She looked up and saw a woman sat on the throne. 'Ah. She's awake.' Melody said in the soft voice. Ophelia's vision is still blurry and she felt two big hands hoisting her up. She barely kept her balance with her feet. 'Welcome to my kingdom, Ophelia. And you are my gift.' Queen Melody greeted Ophelia. She pulled an angry face and Melody stood up. 'I heard the news about your engagement and the triumph of defeating my friends.' She giggled and slowly walked towards Ophelia. She lifted Ophelia's chin to look at the face and the blurry eyes. 'Well, you are a perfect slave. Put her into the dungeons.' Melody ordered the guards. Two of them grip Ophelia's arms and dragged her to the chamber especially for her.

Ophelia yelped as the guards throw her. Her vision has begun to clear. One of the guards knelt down and snatch the mask that she's wearing. 'Why am I here, you weirdos!? Why!?' She screamed for an answer. They ignored her. The second guard entered holding a collar. She tried to stand up and run away but she can't. Her body is limb and weak. The guard with a collar in his hand kneel down and clip it around her neck. He stood up and all the guards exit the cell. The other guard lock the gate and walk away. 

Ophelia finally move, tried to find a button or something to remove the collar around her neck. She had no luck with that. She looked around the cell. It's dark and has a barred window. She tip-toed through the window and saw the streets in lamp light. She realised that it's an underground city. She turned around to scan the cell again. There is a mattress and a pillow.

Suddenly, the gate opened and Melody entered. Ophelia stood in fear and paralyzed. Melody walked slowly towards Ophelia and said in a soothing voice, 'I know that, you are special with Ghost bunch, but I used to be a member of the clergy. But somehow, I don't understand why they are banned me and send me away to the insane asylum.'

Ophelia felt scared and Melody lifted grabbed Ophelia's chin. Melody look deeply into Ophelia's eyes and whispered, 'You are nothing to them.' She shoved a couple of pills into Ophelia's throat and covered her mouth to prevent Ophelia to spit it out.

Ophelia struggled and swallowed it. Then, she felt out of place and kneel before Melody as her queen. 'I obey, your majesty.' She said in mono tone. Melody laughed in delight. 'Yes. Now. By tomorrow, you do the chores and if you disobey or made a slightest mistake, I'll punish you until you understand. My guards will do the same if you don't do what your told. Understood?' Ophelia obediently nodded. Melody exit the cell, turned around and said to Ophelia, 'Get some sleep, you'll need it.' Ophelia bowed her head, Melody walked away, the guard lock the gate and left Ophelia alone.

She crawled to the mattress and sleep. Her head filled with obeying Queen Melody.

***Oh no! What would Papa and the ghouls do? Can Papa recruit warriors for the rescue mission? Stay tuned!***