Every story has a beginning

Welcome to Remnant, an unforgiving place. Four kingdoms, all safe havens for those who wish to escape to creatures of Grimm. Who am I?

Well, I am Saphire Star and this...

This is my story.

----------------------------

Narrator's POV:

It was a dark and gloomy night. Citizens of Vale are just going about their daily business when a man dressed in white with vibrant orange hair came along, flanked on each side by a total of four black-clad men, strutting down the road without resistance. They stopped before a store named "From Dust until Dawn", checking to see if it was open. It was and they entered.

Inside, the man in white walked right up to the clerk

Inside, the man in white walked right up to the clerk. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open so late?"

A henchman aimed a gun at the keep. The man raised his hands, frightened.

"P-please! Just take my Lien and leave!"

The orange-haired man shook his head, smiling. "Shh, shh, shh. Calm down, we're not here for your money." He looked at his henchmen. "Grab the Dust."

They nodded and began to loot the place. This is when a young boy clad in blue enters the scene.

------------------------

I grabbed a book and began to flip through it. "This Will Be the Day" was blaring into my ears from my headphones. Besides me, a girl in red was also listening to music as she read.

There was a muffled voice from behind me, but I paid it no mind.

Probably just some kid whining to his parents.

Suddenly, I was turned around, my hood slipping off my head, and came face-to-face with a man wearing red sunglasses. He pointed at his ear and I took my headphones off.

"Yes?"

"I said hands in the air!"

I glanced at the girl next to me and noticed the suitcase on her back was actually a folded weapon. I looked back at the man and took a good look at him, going from head-to-toe and back again.

"Are you... robbing us?"

"Yes!"

I slowly nodded. "Ooohh. M'kay."

I reached for what looked like my money pouch, but I actually reached for my weapon. The girl next to me kicked the man in the blink of an eye, sending him flying across the store. Another similarly dressed man rounded the corner and aimed his gun at us.

"Freeze!"

Mmm, nope.

Using my Semblance, Speed, I rushed him, sending both of us crashing through the window. He groaned under me, unconscious. Roman Torchwick along with three henchmen gazed at me from the broken window. Next to me, I noticed the girl kneeling. With a smirk, we drew our weapons and I chuckled.