Uh, Ruby?

Saphire POV:

The Sangheili got up and left after answering all our questions. I looked at Ruby, confused at what had just happened.

"That was... strange."

Ozpin stood up. "It indeed was. Now then, I recommend you, children, get some sleep. Tomorrow's the Vytal Festival and it would be wise to be energetic tomorrow."

He left, as did JNPR and I climbed into bed, sighing. The girls got into their own beds and Grapple turned off the lights, casting us into darkness. I closed my eyes and laid there for some time before I heard all the girls were sleeping soundly. Quietly, I snuck out the dorm (my Scroll in my hand) and made my way to the roof.

The stars above me twinkled as I gazed up at the constellation my mother made with the last of her life. Tears began to roll down my cheek as I spoke to my mom.

"Mom. I miss you. I will never forget what you did for me, for all of us. It was the only thing you could have done, and I respect that. Good night, Mom."

"Saphire?"

I spun around to be met with Ruby in her pajamas. "Ruby! What are you doing here?"

She took a step towards me and I noticed she was trying to hold back tears. "Saphire. I heard you leave the dorm, so I chose to follow you. I... I didn't..." Tears began to roll down her cheeks. "I didn't know, Saphire. I'm so sorry!"

She rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me and I blinked stupidly at her. She began to sob, but I held her close.

"Shh. It's okay, Ruby. It's okay. You couldn't have known. Let's just take this easy and head back to the dorm, okay?"

"M'kay."

We walked back to the dorm with Ruby still attached to me and as soon as we got in, she let go. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, okay if I fell asleep. As I laid there, someone kissed me on the lips and wrapped their hands around my body.

My eyes snapped open to see Ruby kissing me. She ran a hand through my hair and I simply laid there, confused. After a while, she pulled away and tried to climb back up to her bed, but I grabbed her wrist, curious.

"What was that for, Ruby?"

Her eyes widened as she looked at me. "Y-you're awake?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm awake. May you please answer me?"

Her cheeks became redder than her cape. "Uh, um. Y-you shouldn't have been awake..."

"Nor should you. So please, answer me. Why the heck did you just kiss me?"

She climbed back down and laid next to me, her eyes darting. I looked into her eyes and felt butterflies begin to flutter around in my gut.

What is this feeling? Do I... like her? I do, don't I. Yeah, I do.

I grinned at her, then wrapped my arms around her waist. She looked down, a bit shocked, then as soon as she looked up, I pulled her into a kiss.

"Mmh!"

I felt her wrap her arms around me and scooch closer, giving in to the feeling. We laid there for who-knows-how-long before someone cleared their throat. Ruby and I snapped our eyes open.

Uh oh.

I looked up to see Yang holding a part of the blanket up with an evil grin. I gave Ruby a quick glance before letting her go. She turned around and glared at her sister. Without a word, Ruby punched her sister square in the face, causing her to stumble back and let go of the blanket.

Ruby looked at me with a sheepish smile. "Uh, heh heh."

I gave her my own sheepish smile. "Right. That was kinda a jerk move for Yang to do, right?"

"Yeah."

I glanced out of my bed at the clock, then turned my attention to Ruby. "It's still five. We've got some time, I think."

Ruby quietly giggled, then laid down on me. We kissed again and this time, Yang didn't interrupt. Ruby kept shifting, wanting to get closer to me. In response, I held her tighter as we held the kiss, never wanting the moment to end. After a long time, we were forced to part.

Ruby whispered into my ear. "I love you, Saphire."

I smiled and held her close. "I love you too, Ruby."

We continued to lay there until I noticed a paper get slipped onto my bed. Curious, I picked it up and rolled my eyes when I saw what it was.

"Pst, Saphire, what is it?"

I looked at her and showed her the drawing of us kissing. Ruby's eyes narrowed as she clenched her fists.

"Why you little-!"

Suddenly, she got out and I sighed. Mumbling to myself, I covered my ears. "Here we go again."

Ruby's voice bled through my covered ears. "YANG, YOU JERK! WHY DID YOU SPY ON SAPHIRE AND ME, YOU MEANIE! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING?!"

Cautiously, I took my hands off my ears. Yang giggled. "Relax, Ruby. I'll keep it a secret, okay? Just don't go screaming again, alright? Also, I didn't want to break the moment."

I heard Ruby growl, then someone walked over to my bed. "Yeah right."

Ruby climbed in and fell asleep with her head on my chest. Yang peeked in and I gave her a look saying "this was her idea". Yang chuckled, then let the blanket drop back down. With a smile, I began to run my hands through Ruby's hair, curious as to what she was dreaming about. Suddenly, the alarm clock went off, waking Blake and Weiss. With a sigh, I shook Ruby awake.

"Hey, it's time to wake up."

"Hm? Aww. Fiiine."

Ruby got up and slipped out of my bed. Patiently, I waited for the girls to get changed and leave before coming out of my bed. Grapple gave me a mischevious snicker and I glared at him.

"Don't. Say. A. Word."

A word.

I rolled my eyes, then swiftly got changed. Ruby and the gang were waiting outside for me and when I looked at Ruby, I noticed a bit of pink in her cheeks. Together, we headed out for the city.

Okay! Another chapter finished!

Ruby and Saphire have entered a relationship together and Yang (being the snoopy big sister she is) knows, but says she won't tell!

How will their relationship change the world of Remnant, for better... or worse?

Only time will tell.

And coming up next: Blake reveals something and runs away because of it! Will the gang be able to find their missing teammate, or will she be gone forever?

Continue reading to find out.

-Hearth Everlasting