Decor

I yawned and rolled over onto my back, letting Yang rub my stomach like a dog. Miss Ruby was in the process of waking Weiss up when my Master exited the bathroom, making one more pass of his scythe with a whetstone. He put away his giant weapon and then popped open his suitcase, which didn't have much. Just some clothes, ammo, Dust, a handful of books, and at the very bottom, I noticed a chain. Curious, I made a move to pull it out, but my Master grabbed my wrist, angry.

"Don't. Touch."

I sighed and pulled my arm away. Yes, Master.

He resumed putting away his things, then took a good look at a photo of two young humans and a tiny child before tenderly putting it down on the desk. He then looked at the team as he struggled to put on a necklace.

"What? We should really hurry and unpack. Class'll start at nine, you know."

That really motivated them to hurry and unpack. They neatly put their stuff away without a flaw (miss Ruby accidentally cut the curtain in half), that is if you ignore the giant pile of beds.

They looked at them, confused. Yang spoke up. "Uh, I think there may be a problem here."

Blake nodded. "Right. Any ideas?"

Weiss swatted a bit of her hair away. "We can't put them side-by-side. Not enough room."

Miss Ruby's eyes lit up. Oh great. What's your plan this time, Ms. Rose? "Let's throw out the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!"

I looked at her, surprised. That's... a good idea. You five go to class. I'll make the beds, okay?

My Master grinned at me. "Sure thing, buddy. Say, who doesn't want a bunk bed?"

Weiss raised her hand.

"Then it looks like your bed will be the one without one above it. Alright! See you later, Grapple!"

They left and as soon as the door closed, I let out a happy sigh. I glanced at the beds and noticed they had different covers. Red, white, black, yellow, blue. With a grin, I pulled the beds apart, then got to work on creating safe bunk-beds. One pair was Blake-Yang (with Blake on bottom) and I lifted Yang's bed with hard-cover books. Weiss's bed was in the corner, next to her beloved Dust, and the final set of beds were my Master's and miss Ruby's.

Those, I had a plan for.

I hung miss Ruby's bed from the roof by rope and I went through painstaking effort to make sure it was level. My Master's bed was also hanging a bit off the ground, suspended by ropes going from the roof, but those were just for safety's sake. The ropes that were truly suspending his bed came from ones on the bottom of miss Ruby's bed.

With a smile, I hung three blankets from the roof. One of them was blue, another was red, and the other was blue fading into red. I took a step back and smiled at my handy-work. Right then, the door unlocked and someone opened it.

Uh-oh.

I turned around to see Professor Ozpin standing in the doorway, examining the room. He looked down at me and smiled. "I assume you're the one who made these bunk beds?"

I nodded.

He chuckled. "Do they know?"

Kinda? I mean, they brought up the idea and I told them to go to class while I make the beds, so they kinda know.

"Ah. Very well. Take care."

He left and I smiled. After a quick pace around the room, I curled into a ball on the floor, drifting to sleep.

Job well done.

I gazed out the window at the bustling academy below.

I think my Master will have a wonderful time here.

Yay! Another chapter!

I really like RWBY, if that wasn't obvious.

The next chapter will be of an... interesting... event in class. See y'all later!