Prom night

I tugged at the purple tie. Angel and Grapple helped me get ready and then I was off.

Angel, Grapple, why did you have me wear this?

It looks great on you, stop complaining!

I sighed. My Beowolfs had me put on a blue suit with a purple tie and Angel combed my hair rather thoroughly. Sighing every-so-often, I made my way to the garden and came across Ruby in her dress.

 Sighing every-so-often, I made my way to the garden and came across Ruby in her dress

A pic I found online! Not mine!

"Woah. You look... amazing, Ruby!"

She smiled sheepishly. "Th-thanks, Saphire. You look pretty good yourself."

"Heh. Thanks. Welp, wanna go?"

She nodded and we began to walk over to the dance hall. Yang was outside, welcoming and documenting all the guests that came and came and went. We walked right up to her and she gave us an evil grin.

I glared at her. "Don't say a word, got it? I will sic Grapple on you."

That got rid of Yang's grin. "Geeze, don't have to be so harsh. Anyways, have fun you two."

We walked in and the music immediately washed over us. I looked at Ruby, unsure as to what to do first.

"Let's just hang out for a bit, okay?" She kept glancing at the snack table.

"Sure. I did just come back from training with Grapple, after all."

We walked over to the table together and hanged out there for some time before a slow song came on. I looked at Ruby and she looked at me and together, we began to dance. We danced without a care in the world, happy to be with each other. The people around us didn't pay much attention to us, thinking we were just an ordinary couple.

We're not a normal couple, in a way. We're two silver-eyed warriors, destined to fight. But it is nice to sit back and relax once in a while.

The song slowly came to an end, and then a bunch of people started laughing. I glanced at Ruby, confused and a bit worried, but then burst into laughter when I saw the source. Jaune was in a dress!

"Wahahahah! J-Jaune! Why are you in a dress?"

He looked at me, no behind me. "I made a promise and an Arc never breaks his promises!"

I turned around to see Pyrrha laughing her head off. I looked at Ruby, who was doubling over from laughter, but behind her, in the shadows, I noticed someone sneaking around.

"Pst, Ruby. Someone's sneaking about. I'm going to go find out who it is."

She looked at me. "Really? Guess I'll see you soon, then. Later!"

Wow. Nice improv, Ruby.

I waved her a fake goodbye, then slinked into the shadows. Being quiet as a leaf, I trailed the woman and watched as she took out the guards surrounding the CCN tower.

What are you planning?

An elevator came down and two guards were inside. The woman and I got on (me somehow sneaking past her) and I watched as she took out the guards with one flick of the wrist.

"Hmm. This'll be useful." She nabbed a guard's Scroll.

After reaching the communications room, she sat down at the main desk and began to code. My eyes widened.

She's infecting the CCN!

Sneakily, I inserted my Scroll into one of the ports of the desk and began to counter-hack. Suddenly, the elevator dinged and when I peeked around the corner, I saw Ruby with Cresent Rose.

No! What are you doing here?

The woman finished hacking, got out of the chair and hid behind a desk. I finished my hacking and disconnected from the table.

Ruby looked around the office. "Hello? Is someone there? Swore I saw someone enter..."

Suddenly, the woman I came to stop leaped from the shadows and attacked Ruby. Being the fighter she was, Ruby tried to put up a fight, but her heels kept throwing her off. The woman in black managed to effortlessly sweep Ruby's legs from under her and when Ruby hit the floor, Crescent Rose flew from her hands and she let out a gasp, shocked. The woman loomed over her, a smile on her pale lips, and Ruby looked up, shocked.

The woman raised a foot and slammed it into Ruby's gut, eliminating her Aura. Then, she raised her knives, ready to strike.

NO! I don't have a weapon that can counter her daggers!

Suddenly, a new voice entered my mind. Draw me and together we will defeat this foe.

I gasped under my breath. The sword Oz gave me!

Steeling my gaze, I lunged at the woman threatening my closest friend, my right hand drifting to my side.

CLANG!

And that will be this chapter. How do you think Saphire's fight with this mysterious lady will go?

Also, if you're wondering why I'm not describing characters very well, it's because there's only one new character and that's Saphire.

Anyways, have fun and stay aware!