Chapter Fifteen: Silent Knight

"I need a favour

"I need a favour." Barry said.

"Uh okay. First though, who's this and why did you bring them into my secret lair?"

Barry glanced at Mineko who bowed respectfully at his friend. She was still wearing the Hello Kitty sweater Barry had procured for her.

"A warehouse that you bought with your boss' money is not a secret lair. That's Mineko. She's a samurai."

"Neat." Nightwing dropped himself into his comfy leather chair, propped his feet up onto his computer server and rested his hands behind his head. "It's a cool lair, right?"

"Can you do this thing for me or what?"

"Geez, alright alright." Nightwing rolled his eyes. Barry found it hard to see Dick Grayson as anything but a kid, but he was going on eighteen now. He recently dropped the Robin mantle and chose to become Nightwing, inspired by some kryptonian legends Clark had told him about after his falling out with Batman. "What do you need?"

"We just discovered that Poison Ivy was working with a new rogue in Central. I need to know where she's been and who she's been dealing with."

With a chuckle, Nightwing crossed his arms. "Okay...nice try, but I can't help you. Gotham isn't my turf anymore and even if it was, I'm not him."

"Yeah but you studied under him and worked for him for like eight years right?"

"Would you say Wally is as good as you?"

"No."

"Exactly."

Barry grimaced. "Come on, you're not Wally."

Dick sighed and stood up, walking over to Barry as he said "I seriously wouldn't hesitate to help you if I could Barry, but I haven't been to Gotham in months. A city like that changes every day; I don't know it anymore. Besides, no one knows it the way he does."

Barry, still dressed in his Flash gear, gave one final and pleading look towards him. "I... really don't want to ask him if I can avoid it."

"Dude," Dick said, grasping his shoulders supportively, as if he had been in the exact same situation. "you can't avoid it. He's not the world's greatest detective for no reason."

Mineko had thought that the following few hours would be simple after hearing Dick's suggestion. However, instead of listening to him, Barry had dragged her to yet another secret hideout located within the top of a clock tower.