Chapter Sixteen: Pizza Time

Barry Allen woke up several minutes ago on a medical table in the damp, dark confines of the Bat Cave

Barry Allen woke up several minutes ago on a medical table in the damp, dark confines of the Bat Cave. Of course, Mineko was by his side because without him, she was quite frankly lost in this strange world.

Dressed in his Flash uniform with its mask pulled off, Barry shifted up into a sitting position as he asked Mineko "So...what exactly happened?"

"You had been ensnared by Yan's magic."

"Man...really?" He groaned.

Mineko replied "Do not feel inadequate; from my experiences, it is impossible to resist that form of mysticism."

He sighed and crossed his arms. "Is...everyone okay? Did I hurt you?"

"Bruce and I are fine; Wally arrived to assist us. It seems that although Yan can control you, she does not understand how to use your speed in an effective manner. She is, after all, not a scientist."

"Wally...? How did he find us?"

"I do not know." Mineko murmured.

Barry furrowed his brow as he picked up on a rare lack of composure that appeared in her behaviour. "Hey...is everything okay?"

Mineko paused without answer. It took several seconds for her to force herself to say something. "I hesitated. I could have rendered you unconscious but I froze."

Barry was dumbstruck. All this time he figured that Mineko didn't care about him...that he was a means to an end. "You're worried that you might actually...care about me?"

"I am worried because I know that I do care about you."

As a man who was never really made speechless, Barry was shocked to find that he had not a single possible reply in his brain. At first it was confusion that racked his mind, then shock.
Before he could say anything, Batman entered the room.

"They were waiting for us. They knew." He said, strolling down the stairs and seating himself at the Batcomputer.

"No kidding. Any idea--...ow." Barry cut himself off, rubbing his temple. "Ow...! Man... Hey, did you give me a concussion?" He asked, looking at Bruce who did nothing but continue typing away. "You gave me a concussion! Why would you do that? Don't you carry knock out gas in that stupid belt of yours all the time? Why didn't you just use that? Have you just been wanting to punch me that badly?"

Bruce stifled a smirk which became visible on his face regardless. "You said it, not me."

"Still... you could've been a bit more gentle."