Chapter Thirty-One: Fractured

The family's arrival to the future couldn't have been met with a more surprising scene

The family's arrival to the future couldn't have been met with a more surprising scene. They were in Central City...and a little girl with long blonde hair was running towards them. Barry's breath hitched. It was inevitable that things would be changed due to his decision to bring Mineko and Raizo back...he just didn't know how badly things had been splintered. 

"Uncle Barry!" The little girl exclaimed with excitement, blue eyes shining with an unmistakable shade. They were the exact same colour as Kara El and Clark Kent's. She paused the moment she realised Barry wasn't alone and cocked her head to the side oddly.

In the distance he could see Clark and Silvia, having the same extremely animated conversation they usually did. They both noticed Barry immediately and flashed him large smiles. Clark was the only one that seemed to recognise Mineko. At least that hadn't changed.

"So, you finally decided to go back for her?" He said with joy obvious in his voice. Clark hurried over and pulled Mineko into a tight hug. "It's good to see you again!"

Mineko tensed, but attempted to return the gesture by patting the mans back awkwardly. "You too."

Clark pulled away, motioning for Silvia to stand beside him and wrapping an arm around her when she did. "This is my wife Silvia," He then motioned towards the little girl who was staring up at the family in confusion. "and my daughter Jessica."

"D-Daughter?!" Barry yelled without any thought. He had changed things before, often more severe than this, but for some reason the fact that Clark had a kid with Silvia took him completely by surprise. Likely because of how against the idea she had been. His shock threw him into silence for several seconds, and Clark started getting suspicious.

"Barry." Clark scolded, hearing his heart beat rise. "What did you change by bringing her back?"

"C-Change?" Barry gulped and tried to compose himself. He forced a smile onto his face and pretended as if he had no idea what Clark was talking about. "Nothing at all! What I meant to say is 'Daughter?! But she's gotten so big!' She looks just like Kara!"

Clark narrowed his eyes at the man. He could hear his vital signs spike and instantly knew he was lying. "Yeah...right."

Barry gave a heavy exhale of relief. It was obvious that Clark felt no need to push him further on the subject, primarily because he didn't like the thought of a timeline in which he didn't have his daughter.

Instead of questioning him further Clark turned to the small boy that was still clasping onto his mother. His expression softened. "And who's this little guy?"

Mineko ruffled the child's hair and responded without much explanation "He is my son, Raizo."

It was Clark's turn to be surprised. His eyes widened at the kid, then flickered to Mineko, and lastly to Barry. He pointed at the man, wordlessly enquiring into the boy's parentage.