Chapter Twenty: No Justice

Bruce had been staring at Clark's mobile for exactly five minutes and twenty-one seconds, in complete silence, and a grimace caught on his face

Bruce had been staring at Clark's mobile for exactly five minutes and twenty-one seconds, in complete silence, and a grimace caught on his face. His index finger tapped against the side of the device, keeping some undisclosed rhythm that Barry couldn't quite make out. Finally, he placed it on the desk in front of him and brought up a series of video feeds on the giant computer monitor.

"So... does it help?" Wally asked eagerly. He was standing right behind Bruce's chair with one hand gripping onto the leather spine.

"Maybe." Bruce replied, most of his concentration being exhausted by days of searching. "We can determine that Clark went missing soon after reading your message, at around two-ten, so it's safe to assume that he was completely compromised by two-thirty."

"Okay, so he had gone all loopy by two-thirty, but how does that help us?" Wally asked. "We still have no way of finding him."

In the timespan of a few secluded seconds, Bruce had shifted on his chair and enlarged one of the recorded videos. At the very top was a familiar man draped in blue and red, walking like a zombie in a bloodless environment. Barry leaned closer to the screen. There was no doubt. It was Superman.

"This footage was taken at three. A full fifty minutes after he was supposedly captured." Bruce explained, enhancing the image and zooming in on the man of steel. "He's heading west, so we can assume that their base of operations is in that direction."

"That's it? All we have is a direction?" Barry sighed, scrunching up the chocolate wrapper he was holding and shoving it into the bin beside him. "We're never gonna find them with just that-"

At that moment there was a loud beeping sound that pierced through any conversation that was being had. Bruce pressed a button near his left index finger and the noise ceased, only to be followed by an all too familiar voice saying "I have found it."

Bruce glanced up at Barry with a somewhat smug expression and replied "Don't engage, Diana. Return to the Watchtower and we'll plan our attack."

Usually, Wonder Woman would have already fought her way through the gangs ranks before contacting Bruce, but this time was different. She knew that, even if she didn't like it, she'd have to wait for the right moment to strike. She could take on Superman, but it would be difficult, so she certainly couldn't handle him alongside Shazam and whoever else was in there.

Diana switched off her comm and within the hour she had returned to the Watchtower. She looked anxious to get started, but no one was more on edge than Mineko.

"Show me where they are hiding." Mineko had said the moment Wonder Woman walked through the door. "It is time to end this."

"Not yet." Bruce commanded. "We wait here until the others are in position."

"What's taking them so long?" Wally groaned.