Chapter 9

(Your pov)

The man then said to me, "Ah, how nice of you to join us darling. Please have a seat." He then made a motion with his hands and a chair pulled up to me and went under me, forcing me to sit down. He then said, "Tea?" I shook my head not wanting anything from this man. It was then all of the puzzle pieces fit together. The man asked me, "Now, tell me sweetie, do you know who I am?" I nodded my head becoming more and more scared by this man's presence before saying, "You're phantom." He shook his hand at this is in a dismissing matter, "Now, now, no need for formalities. You may call me natemare, angel." I then said, "Uhh.. my name isn't angel." (If your name is angel, just roll with it.) Natemare shrugged his shoulders, "You say tomato, I say po-tah-to." (This is my saying btw.)

I then took a moment to regain some saliva before saying, "What did you do to my fiance?" If possible his smile got even more devilish as he said, "Why doll, I didn't do anything. He's the one who signed the contract. He's the one who gave me his soul." No, no, no! Chris wouldn't ever do this. He would know better. But then again..

"It's too late to save your fiance now, well then again, there is one way..." My head immediately perked up at this statement as I hurriedly said, "And that is?" Natemare leaned in closer to me and said, "Well, we could always make a deal."

I don't like the idea of this but, then again, what else could I do? I took a deep breath before saying, "I don't have anything you would really want." He shook his head at this and said, "Oh no, no no, you have something I want. Your soul."

I don't want to make a deal with him but, Chris. Natemare just sat there, just chilling, drinking some tea. Chris, my soul, Chris, my soul, Chris, my soul, Chris... I had to do this for my fiance. I nodded my head and said, "Okay, as long as you promise to let Chris go." He nodded his head and pulled out a scroll and handed me a fountain pen as I signed, initialed, and filled out the paper until the deed was done. Natemare laughed maniacally, "You're mine! YOu'Re MIne! Don't you realize if you give someone your soul, they own you. After all of those deals, after all of those killings, it was all worth it!" He then snapped his fingers and I passed out. What. Have. I. Done.