Part 15 feel the fire

{zak}

2 months after alexa came back to florida and told me the news that her and mike had divorced she met another guy and fell head over heels or in her world head over boots in love with him that guy being someone she had been in love with since she met him in high school Easton Corbin. the guy I didn't like much and still don't. the guy who got married and ran off to Nashville to follow his dream and the one guy who broke the heart of a girl I never thought anyone could break........he broke alexa's heart. alexa had been in love with him since she first laid eyes on him then 2 and half years later he marrys the girl alexa hated with every fiber inside her....Briann jones the girl who stold her other best friend Dan Easton Corbin. yes they were best friends as well as me and alexa were best friends but he got married and moved off after grad and she never heard from him again. but now he's divorced and she found out she never stopped loving him even after he broke her heart so now they are a couple.

about 2 weeks ago she started rodeoing like she planned and found that she loved it more than she remembered so now she rodeos full time and travels the world once again doing what she loves.

truth be told I'm alexa's best friend and I've known her 8 plus years and in all those years I never saw her getting married or if she did it probably wouldn't last long because lex always had to be free rather it was rolling the windows down in her 67 Camaro or just being able to jump up and run at the drop of a hat she had to be free because that's the wild mustang in her and the one part of her no one will ever be able to tam no matter how hard they try. jay will always be a wild mustang...........running off into the sunset......just because she wanted to run.

so back to today.

so today alexa has her first big rodeo and some how she talked this vegas boy into coming to support her not that I could say no to lex hell I never could before and I still can't because well its a given.

pulling up at the outdoor arena I get out and look around for alexa when someone jumps on my back. feeling the well built muscles I knew exactly who it was the one and only alexa bliss. I smile and say "hey lexa bear!" she laughs and jumps off my back before turning me around and hugging me again. I never was one much for hugging but with alexa well all I wanted to do was hug her and hold her tight. once she stopped hugging me she smiles wildly and says

"so bagans you ready to watch your best friend kick some dust up?"

I smile and say "I can't wait! are you sure your not going for the bull riding like you use to?"

she laughs and says "I gave that up but I still ride a little just not at rodeos or anything"

I smile and say "I'm glad your too pretty to get hurt" then people start pilling in so we head over to the stands near the chutes.

we sat there for a little bit before it was time for her to go back and get ready or at least that's what she said so she left me on the stands and went to warm up her horse. 10 minutes later I hear that the bull riding would start the event tonight and they called the first rider out. 20 minutes later they called out the 4th rider and at first the name didn't bother me til I heard the announcer say "our 4th rider out tonight is alexa haufman...yes you heard that right we have a lady rider tonight. lets give it up for alexa kaufman" as alexa walked out into the center of the arena and pulled her hat off before walking back into the rider area. I can't believe shes riding again but I'm proud of her for going back at it.

10 minutes later its time for her to ride. just as she's walking out to the chutes to climb on Easton comes over and sits down beside me. we shook hands and went back to watching for jana to come out on the bull.

20 seconds later she comes out on a bucking bull. riding like the hell raiser she always has been she rides 8 seconds then jumps off landing on her feet. every one cheering her on she waves to the crowed before heading back to the bull exit to walk back out to me and Easton. 10 minutes later she comes back out to me and Easton still in her riding vest and chaps she sits down between me and Easton before kissing Easton and saying "surprise zak!" I laugh and say "yea yea yea alexa you seriously were supposed to stop riding" she laughs and says "yea well have I ever done what I was told?" I laugh and say "not that I ever remember" she turns to Easton and says "so would you mind if I rode bulls and started working with zak and his crew again?" he smiles and says "if it makes you happy then I don't mind" she smiles big before throwing her arms around his neck hugging him before pulling back and kissing him on the lips.

by the end of the night we were all tired as hell and all I wanted to do was go back to the rental and go to sleep. I had been up all night almost driving here from florida where I stay a lot of the time because that's where I feel alexa the most even when she's not right next door.