Moving

Last day of high school, finally! Graduations tonight and then it's all over. "I'm so done with this place" I whispered under my breath while walking into the graduation venue. It's been the same routine for the past four years, and im so tired of it. From the heat of the desert, to the rude people evading the halls of high school, I just can't wait to get far from here. 

      I patiently wait for my name to be called, and walk up to the podium to recieve my diploma. Screams escalate as i climb the steps, and I realize, they are coming from all over the venue. Was I really that popular?  I think to myself, as a slip a bit up the stairs, reaching my arms out to steady myself. I'm such a clutz. I hear a few giggles from behind me, but shrug it off and reach for my diploma. 

    "Sabrina will be going all the way to the University of Manchester! Good luck in Europe!" My principal announces, as I give him a huge hug and walk off the stage....

    It's over! I'm finished! I'm so done with this town, well, California in general! Although the beaches are nice, Iv'e always wanted to live in England. My mom's side of the family is from their, and I guess Iv'e always had a soft side for the place. I love their music, food, EVERYTHING! And now I get to live there!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH! I screamed to myself while entering my room to pack up. 

    That's when it hit me. I'm really leaving. The memories invade my mind once I open the door to my room. I see the windchime hung from my fan, the lava lamp on my table, the Grateful Dead beads draped down my closet doors; I can't take any of it. I have to have a new start. I drop the box that once resided in my hands, and began to work. I grabbed my Ramones, led Zepplin, and Grateful dead posters, knowing I couldn't live without them. But behind my door is what really hit me. Tears weld up in my eyes, realizing that i really had to let go...