Prologue

"Irene. Are you sure this is for the best?" I asked while bowing.

"Y/N, you will be fine without me." She said smiling.

"But what about the others? What if they come back and have no idea where you have gone?" I ask, almost pleading for her to stay one last time.

"They are gone. But I will not be forever. I will give Hyria a staff. Whom she will give to someone in need. When I reincarnate I want you to come guide me on my journey. You will guide me to where my memories reside, in Enki's Library. But I only want you to find me once I have my powers back in this realm. If they are not, do not find me." She paused and looked at me with her caramel eyes. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do," I replied straightening out. She was about to leave when I turned her around and gave her a hug. Knowing that it will be the last in a while. "I'll miss you."

"As I will to you. Oh, and do me a favor." Irene said looking me right in the eyes. "Don't forget me."

"Never. I swear on my heart. I will NEVER forget you." And with that, she left.

PRESENT DAY

"GET BACK HERE WITH THAT BOOK!" Yelled the guard chasing me. "THE HIGH PRIEST NEEDS THAT TO STUDY IRENE!"

I ran as fast as I could clutching Irene's journal. It had all the secrets for unlocking every type of magic for yourself. I need to keep this out of the hand of the Priest. As I ran into the forest I thought:

Zane doesn't deserve any more power than he already has...